Author Topic: Jazz Mk. V Requirements  (Read 4306 times)

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
Jazz Mk. V Requirements
« on: October 08, 2021, 11:42:24 AM »
Just in case Honda occasionally read these messages could we suggest improvements or extras that are needed on the next version - before it's too late.

For me this would be self-park which is becoming more and more common and makes parallel parking so much quicker and simpler.  If they can put it on the e then why not the Jazz.  I've come to the Jazz from a 2009 Mercedes A Class (does that design remind you of anything?) which had self-park even then.  A great improvement.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: My Hondas: Were. Original HR-V, 4 CR-Vs, Jazz, HR-V e:HEV. CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV. Now eNiro4+
Re: Jazz Mk. V Requirements
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 11:55:29 AM »
As one who is being constantly criticised by SWMBO for my cr@p parking ability I second that idea!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 12:04:04 PM »
I would replace "self park" with SWMBO in your case! Then you have"let herself park"...  ;D
If nothing goes right, go left!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 12:45:19 PM »
Major item I would like is height adjustable passenger seat. Can't think why they didn't include it to start with.

Johnocyprus

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT, 2007 CRV EX, 2022 C125 SuperCub, 2003 Izzy
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 01:00:10 PM »
I take a contrary view and whilst I appreciate the efficiency of the engineering of our 2018 Jazz SE CVT I can’t stand the  “advanced features”. In particular I think the person who invented the touch screen for cars should be shot, how many accidents are caused by drivers looking at their touch screen looking through the windscreen?
Of course these modern features will fail after a few years rendering the car scrap. I doubt that we’ll see many 15  year old cars on the road in 15 years time as we do now. Built in obsolescence by stealth, the car manufacturers will be laughing when cars are scrapped as the electrics fail and be uneconomic to repair.
I think the only manufacturer to buck this trend is Dacia who won’t pack a car full of electronic wizardry.  The motoring press who have been bought by the volume producers will say that the Dacia’s aren’t as safe as other cars but with seat belts, ABS and airbags galore you’d have to do something pretty stupid to hurt yourself in one.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 01:05:10 PM »
Conclusion: Your next car will be a Dacia!  :P

If nothing goes right, go left!

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 02:23:17 PM »
If they persist with no spare wheel, can they at least fit tyres of a size that are common and easily available in the U.K.  as opposed to the oddball tyres it currently comes with.

I also second the request for a height adjustable passenger seat.

Finally, fit a RDMS that actually works or if Honda continue with the current setup, please provide a means to permanently disable it.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 02:27:31 PM »
From todays experience have a toggle between ACC and the old CC
Let's be careful out there !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 02:42:34 PM »
Provide thermostatically controlled shutters for the engine compartment and let the the aircon run in reverse as a heat pump in cold weather which currently has a significant negative impact on the mpg.

After sitting in the passenger seat one day and realising how low it is compared to the driver's seat I agree about the height-adjustable passenger seat.

I'd also move the back seat forwards an inch or two to improve the boot space. The rear seat legroom is excessively generous. Magic seats that slide forwards and backwards a bit would cover all the options and shouldn't be beyond Honda's ingenuity.

It will be interesting to find out whether the RDMS on the new HR-V has been improved. I suspect that Honda has taken note of the feedback but we probably won't see any change on the Mk 4 Jazz unless it's included in the mid-life refresh.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 02:59:26 PM »
I take a contrary view and whilst I appreciate the efficiency of the engineering of our 2018 Jazz SE CVT I can’t stand the  “advanced features”. In particular I think the person who invented the touch screen for cars should be shot, how many accidents are caused by drivers looking at their touch screen looking through the windscreen?
Of course these modern features will fail after a few years rendering the car scrap. I doubt that we’ll see many 15  year old cars on the road in 15 years time as we do now. Built in obsolescence by stealth, the car manufacturers will be laughing when cars are scrapped as the electrics fail and be uneconomic to repair.
I think the only manufacturer to buck this trend is Dacia who won’t pack a car full of electronic wizardry.  The motoring press who have been bought by the volume producers will say that the Dacia’s aren’t as safe as other cars but with seat belts, ABS and airbags galore you’d have to do something pretty stupid to hurt yourself in one.

Dacia have said they won't be fitting their cars with expensive toys to get extra NCAP stars,  good for them. As you say their cars have seatbelts, airbags and ABS - the rest are just expensive toys, that add to price of car without adding value, and just seem to do ( often not very well ) what a 'proper' driver does anyway, we don't want just more to fail and add to cost of running a car.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: My Hondas: Were. Original HR-V, 4 CR-Vs, Jazz, HR-V e:HEV. CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV. Now eNiro4+
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 03:22:50 PM »
I would replace "self park" with SWMBO in your case! Then you have"let herself park"...  ;D
You jest! she is only allowed to drive my cars in an emergency ;D
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 03:29:32 PM »
I guess the MK V will be full electric
Let's be careful out there !

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2021, 03:43:23 PM »
How about a motor on each axle giving a sort of four wheel drive and four wheel regeneration. See the attached pic from my RAV4 showing regeneration coming from both axles. It is great to get the traction on both axles when it is needed, as I did today, making a rapid right turn uphill at a T junction.

As someone else said, if no spare, then a much more common wheel/tyre combination, opening up more options for all season or winter tyres.

I love my gadgets. My Jazz is so old it has barely any, but my RAV4 has pretty much all the ones on the new Jazz. However, they seem to be better implemented. The option to not just have ordinary cruise control when you don't want ACC seems odd to me, especially since the ACC algorithm seems to be flawed. So buttons to turn things off please. My lane keeping is on a button, my lights stalk has an off and a manual setting.

If there is to be a Jazz V Crosstar, making it something a little more than a trim level and a one inch lift. A proper differentiation would be great.

Oh and, please, some jolly colours.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2021, 03:56:48 PM »
I'm nervous of using ACC on my car;  that's a shame because I like the idea. So, Mr Honda; please sort out ACC.

My 2019 BMW Series 1 had basic Cruise Control.
Neil Ives

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2021, 05:13:36 PM »
...The return of the panoramic roof would be appreciated.

Tags: