Author Topic: E10 petrol set for September 2021 launch  (Read 24451 times)

Expatman

• Approved Member
Re: E10 petrol set for September 2021 launch
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2021, 08:34:03 AM »
Next week AutoExpress are publishing a road test of the Yaris Crossover. How much informative it would have been if they had compared Jazz Crosstar with the Yaris Crossover rather than the Dacia.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2021, 09:33:09 AM »
Next week AutoExpress are publishing a road test of the Yaris Crossover. How much informative it would have been if they had compared Jazz Crosstar with the Yaris Crossover rather than the Dacia.
I think the Yaris Cross will be up against the new Honda HRV. It is certainly the choice I will be making next year.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2021, 09:48:10 AM »
I’d considered the 4WD Yaris Cross, but unfortunately the ‘4WD’ system only has a 5HP electric motor and also only works up to 20mph.

There are 4WD Jazz’s in Japan but they don’t seem to sell those in other markets.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2021, 09:57:39 AM »
I had a CR-V 4WD several years ago.  Never really found it to be an advantage.  It doesn't snow here a lot but when it did, I just caught up all the 2WDs and joined the queue.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2021, 10:17:48 AM »
I think the Yaris Cross will be up against the new Honda HRV. It is certainly the choice I will be making next year.
Okay the Yaris is 90mm longer and 40mm wider than the Crossbar but it has less interior space apart from the boot. Pricewise it brackets the Crosstar and new HR-V but the HR-V is a larger car overall and - I suggest - will have even more internal space than the Crosstar and a bigger boot. Yaris might have a foot in both camps or fall between the two, only time will tell.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2021, 11:02:44 AM »
I’d considered the 4WD Yaris Cross, but unfortunately the ‘4WD’ system only has a 5HP electric motor and also only works up to 20mph.
I have the Hybrid RAV4 AWD and the rear axle electric motor is a little more powerful than that, but even so, you are very well aware you aren't driving a Landcruiser. The point really is it's there when you need it, for traction correction, grip in tricky conditions and whatnot. As for snow, it's not the driven wheels that matter so much as the grip on the tyres. I now have Nokian All Season tyres on all round. The Yaris will suit me better than the RAV4 as I no longer have need for such a large car. But the HRV could well be the better package. Or saving money and sticking with what I have. Given the RAV4 can achieve up to 50mpg+, I would have to save a lot of money on fuel to cover the cost of changing cars.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2021, 12:35:08 AM »
I'm not convinced on the rise of E fuels being the saviour emissions wise. The EU, indeed the world, would do a lot better looking at both the marine/shipping and the aviation industries. There are much bigger emissions benefits to be made there.

I've just had a read of the link to Horizon magazine. The project quoted is working on the basis of cars 2011> be ok to use E20 from 2030. Well at that point the 2011 car will be 19yrs old. Actualy, that doesn't sound that dramatic to me. Average car life has to be less than 19yrs anyway!

Obviously there needs to be a source of fuel for cars that need a lower E content, or some form of additive as there is for lead free fuel and classic cars. Time will tell. I'm sure there were people years ago saying taking lead out of fuel was madness.

but when i buy a 68 plate car i expect it to be able to use fuels for the entire life of the car and not numptys like shapps pushing for more and more ethanol like brazil (who use flex fuel cars) so it should be compatible with up to e20 if it needs it, i mean it can use e10 so the materials in the fuel system should be resiliant against e10 but why not e20 even though honda says e10 max?

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2021, 07:41:03 AM »
I wonder why Honda does not offer Jazz flexfuel engine worldwide, just in Brazil. I'd like very much to use E85 in my Jazz.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2021, 07:58:10 AM »
I wonder why Honda does not offer Jazz flexfuel engine worldwide, just in Brazil. I'd like very much to use E85 in my Jazz.

Ethanol production is a huge waste of land, water and causes the destruction of rainforest,  I have no wish to use any ethanol in fuel, it is just another of the smoke and mirrors climate change thing...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

TnTkr

• Approved Member
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2021, 08:02:20 AM »
As I mentioned in another thread, ethanol for fuel can be produced from waste. If we can do it in Finland I'm sure you can do it in UK as well.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2021, 08:53:24 AM »
As I mentioned in another thread, ethanol for fuel can be produced from waste. If we can do it in Finland I'm sure you can do it in UK as well.

You can also make Hydrogen from waste, of for that matter Hydrogen from Ethanol,  the thing often ignored is how 'wasteful'  that is.... and main by-products are carbon and carbon dioxide - those dreaded greenhouse things... ( you take the hydrogen out of hydrocarbon and you end up with carbon products..

https://news.osu.edu/a-better-way-to-make-hydrogen-from-biofuels/
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2021, 09:26:00 AM »
I have just read an article online and now I understand what's going on. Should make no difference to us..

TnTkr

• Approved Member
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2021, 10:53:16 AM »
In my opinion hydrogen production is most feasible from seawater with electricity. Waste-based ethanol is a globally feasible way to both utilize waste and to produce fuel for internal combustion engines. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:05:39 AM by TnTkr »

Major clanger

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2014
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2021, 01:01:59 PM »

Yes so would I.  Its a wonderful fuel, I've remapped a Fiat Coupe 20VT for E85 and its gone from 250 bhp to over 285.  The emissions were so low on the pollution test, the tester thought there was a problem with his machine.  Likewise I run a 2.5T Volvo engine @ 50% E85 mixed with E10, performance goes up and emissions go down.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »

Yes so would I.  Its a wonderful fuel, I've remapped a Fiat Coupe 20VT for E85 and its gone from 250 bhp to over 285.  The emissions were so low on the pollution test, the tester thought there was a problem with his machine.  Likewise I run a 2.5T Volvo engine @ 50% E85 mixed with E10, performance goes up and emissions go down.

Do you prefer to run it on cask strength whisky or bourbon?  ;D

Tags: