Author Topic: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV  (Read 14865 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:53 PM »
I've been looking at the journey reports for a round trip I made last week. 56 miles each way. Has anyone got a clue what the driving score is? It only shows for the outward leg. It can't be the same as for the My Honda app (without the +) as that score starts with 100 and then points get deducted https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my-honda/my-honda-faq.html .

The fuel used is rounded to the nearest 0.1 litres but I wish those numbers were true as they represent over 300 mpg! ;D That's clearly another bug needing to be fixed. However, the mpg (written as mph) number is plausible.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

BigRon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2020, 11:19:38 AM »
I've been using MyHonda+ for just over a week and none of my journeys have given a driving score, maximum distance has been around 13 miles.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2020, 04:02:12 PM »
Has anyone else got connectivity problems? Yesterday I made a round trip away from home (am / pm) and on checking late pm found that the app showed details of my outward journey but not the return. Yet the app also claimed that the vehicle was home. There was no change this morning and, now when I try to check, all I get is the loading data screen saying "working" with the red line chasing its tail in a circle. This process seems to take a minute under normal conditions but now seems to be unending (so I've killed the app before it drains the battery).

iainsd

• Registered Member
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2020, 05:30:17 PM »
Having the same problem too, but was working before. Must be a problem on their side.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2020, 07:46:11 PM »
Sounds like a right PITA. What is it for? The system clearly doesn’t seem fit for purpose!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2020, 10:07:44 PM »
Sounds like a right PITA. What is it for? The system clearly doesn’t seem fit for purpose!
One useful feature is the ability to find the vehicle location - effectively a tracker which might reduce the insurance premium. That, plus journey logs which include maximum speed might give peace of mind to those who lend their vehicle to the kids - knowing that big brother is watching might encourage them to drive more cautiously. It's also possible to upload a journey destination, check if the vehicle is locked and how much fuel is remaining.

However, it's evidently still work in progress and the free year of usage should start when it's working properly.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2020, 12:18:42 PM »
I checked My Honda+ app today after making a short local return trip. The return leg of that trip isn't shown as a journey although the app knows that my car is at home. However, the return leg of the previous journey, which previously wasn't listed, is now in the journey list.

The app also told me that my rear windows were open so I went and checked. They were slightly open and I suspect that the car did this when I turned the windscreen demist on. I had locked the vehicle using a double-tap on the door handle so, it seems that this method of locking doesn't close any open windows although the mirrors get folded. 

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2020, 12:42:33 PM »
I checked My Honda+ app today after making a short local return trip. The return leg of that trip isn't shown as a journey although the app knows that my car is at home. However, the return leg of the previous journey, which previously wasn't listed, is now in the journey list.

Raised the issue of driving score with Leonie Hassfeld HCCS on the 7th October and finally got a reply yesterday.

Advised to make sure running latest version of app and if still not working send screenshots of issue along with vin number, sent the requested info today will wait with bated breath.

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2020, 11:25:33 AM »
Received a reply from HCCS this morning, which was quite a suprising as their normal turn round time is around 5 working days.

Our experts are currently investigating your case and we will reach out at once, as soon as an update becomes available.

I also raised the mph instead of mpg and giving zero or negative fuel usage.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »
My motto is "never be the first to buy new technology"

Totally justified by the above saga.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2020, 08:27:41 PM »
I also raised the mph instead of mpg and giving zero or negative fuel usage.
I emailed them on 13th Oct regarding both the mph / mpg problem and asking about the driving style score. I received an acknowledgement yesterday (ie two weeks later).

I've just sent another email complaining about connectivity issues and also the most recent journey missing from the log. I also noted that I've got a Tesla Powerwall battery and it takes no more than five seconds for the app to ask the server to ask the battery for the current status and requested that the free year of the app usage should start from when the system is debugged and working smoothly as, until it is I just an unpaid beta tester.

My motto is "never be the first to buy new technology"
Unless you want to be a beta tester.  Fortunately, while the connectivity is potentially useful, it's not critical.

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2020, 08:54:56 PM »
How did you get the info on the battery

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2020, 09:15:58 PM »
I also noted that I've got a Tesla Powerwall battery and it takes no more than five seconds for the app to ask the server to ask the battery for the current status, and requested that the free year of the app usage should start from when the system is debugged and working smoothly as until it is I just an unpaid beta tester.

Added a comma after status. Does that explain the battery bit?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2020, 11:13:30 AM »
How did you get the info on the battery
Perhaps I could have expressed myself more clearly. The Tesla battery info is using Tesla's app but it highlights that it should only take a few seconds (not many seconds or just times out) for an app to get up-to-date info on a device status.

The good news is that the app did managed to find out this morning that the open windows are now closed. However, the problem of the missing most recent journey still exists.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2020, 04:50:59 PM »
I've just received an email with the attached notice of a maintenance outage.

I wait to see if My Honda Plus will work better once the maintenance has been carried out.

Tags: