Author Topic: Living with a Jazz Crosstar  (Read 2500 times)

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE
Re: Living with a Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2020, 11:54:45 AM »
What do you think? How long is the space folded flat?
I'll investigate this aspect tomorrow although it's a feature I'm not currently planning to use.

Thanks.

Maybe an Ikea visit perhaps?

Would be a huge factor for me if I didn't need to buy a tent for just four nights a year.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:56:17 AM by richardfrost »

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »
In west side of the pond there are multiple threads about people camping in their Fits. That is in all three generations (GD, GE and GK). I would be surprised if the fourth generation were any worse.

Here are links to some threads (I hope there is no policy restriction to link to other forums):
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/90939-turning-my-fit-into-mobile-camper.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/74119-have-you-gone-camping-sleeping-your-fit.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/96598-camping-my-fit-need-advice.html

John Ratsey

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2020, 02:01:04 PM »
Would be a huge factor for me if I didn't need to buy a tent for just four nights a year.
In the attached photos it's about 1.6m from the pedals to the top of the reclined front seat and at least another 0.8m to the inside of the boot door. I think Honda advertise the ability to carry a surf board as a standard Jazz feature and the longer ones are around 2.4m. However, the flat fold isn't complete flat. You would need a suitable cushion to fill the depression at the front seat squab and something fatter to the rear of the top of the front seat. Nonetheless, with the right bits of padding it would be much more comfortable than a cattle class plane seat and I've spend a fair few hours sleeping in those.

equaliser

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 I-VTEC EX Navi CVT
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2020, 02:27:59 PM »
Does it not do the lounge seating like the Mk3?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2020, 02:45:59 PM »
In the attached photos it's about 1.6m from the pedals to the top of the reclined front seat and at least another 0.8m to the inside of the boot door. I think Honda advertise the ability to carry a surf board as a standard Jazz feature and the longer ones are around 2.4m. However, the flat fold isn't complete flat. You would need a suitable cushion to fill the depression at the front seat squab and something fatter to the rear of the top of the front seat. Nonetheless, with the right bits of padding it would be much more comfortable than a cattle class plane seat and I've spend a fair few hours sleeping in those.
I thought the point was that the back of the front passenger seat of the Mk3 folds forward onto the squab to make it possible to take long items. Does the Mk 4 not do that?

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2020, 02:53:32 PM »
I thought the point was that the back of the front passenger seat of the Mk3 folds forward onto the squab to make it possible to take long items. Does the Mk 4 not do that?
This was what I had in mind, with the rear seats folded flat and the front seat back folded forwards.

John Ratsey

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2020, 06:36:46 PM »
This was what I had in mind, with the rear seats folded flat and the front seat back folded forwards.
The front seat backs don't tip forwards very far - the new "more comfortable" seats have side support which limits the rotation.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2020, 08:24:47 PM »
The front seat backs don't tip forwards very far - the new "more comfortable" seats have side support which limits the rotation.

Guess that answers my question, thanks. So diagonally across the load space or sitting up in a reclined seat are my choices. Or modifying my lad's '05 SE, which will likely be back in my posession by next Spring, as per this link from TnTkr... https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/90939-turning-my-fit-into-mobile-camper.html

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #68 on: Today at 04:55:46 AM »
If you build a raised floor, that gives more length even with less tipping of forward seat. It could be sufficient for sleeping also in your Crosstar.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #69 on: Today at 08:37:05 AM »
I would not be building anything into a new car, like the Crosstar. My question was really simple. With an air bed or other cushioning, is it possible to create a flatt(ish) six foot sleeping space in a Jazz  4 or Crosstar. I think the answer is no. I am intrigued by the thought of doing it in our Mk1 though.

Tags:

anything