Author Topic: Wiper banging on windscreen pillar  (Read 2243 times)

Jeffyjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz se sport
Wiper banging on windscreen pillar
« on: June 22, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »
Anyone got a drivers side wiper that bangs on the windscreen pillar

Can it be solved by taking it off and moving it round a spline or two.

I think something must be worn in the linkage but just wondered if it's a common problem

guest1372

Re: Wiper banging on windscreen pillar
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 03:00:03 PM »
Not heard of it myself.
My wiper parks about 10mm into the black band at the bottom and travels to within 50mm parallel with the A pillar metalwork.

Some information on  http://www.hondafitjazz.com/body_windows_wipers.html  might help.
--
TG

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 03:57:35 PM »
I don't think it is a common problem.
If the linkage was worn then the wiper wouldn't travel far enough as opposed to too far and would possibly apply to both wipers.
Has the arm been removed recently, for a windscreen change for instance. How far is it from the bottom of the screen when parked?
Obviously you can move the arm round on the splines, one spline would probably do, but be aware that the blade may then hit the bottom of the screen.

Vic.

Jeffyjazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz se sport
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »
Was having a look yesterday and the wiper just touches the plastic at bottom of windscreen and then the windscreen pillar at full speed.   It's got progressively worse over 5 years so something is wearing

When I get hold of the wipers you can move them about 3 inches up and down so there's a far bit of slack in them

Tags: