Author Topic: rear drivers brakes get really hot  (Read 2726 times)

zorbas40

• Approved Member
rear drivers brakes get really hot
« on: May 23, 2016, 05:01:20 PM »
Hi I have a Honda Jazz 05 and the rear brake drivers side is too hot far more than the others
I have jack up the wheel and it looks like there is a friction there,
I put the brakes on and I clean the piston as more was out then I try to push the caliper back handbrake was off and nothing happens, after asking around you have to push and turn to make it go back.??
In the end the caliper piston moved and I was able to put the brake pads on, after a drive the same thing happen the brake was far more HOT than the other.....any ideas PLEASE.....
I did cleaned and lubricate the end bits on the brake pads....
MANY THANKS......

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: rear drivers brakes get really hot
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:06:48 PM »
I had a similar problem, l 'cured' it by slackening the handbrake on the side that was causing the problem.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:34:55 PM »
I had a similar problem, l 'cured' it by slackening the handbrake on the side that was causing the problem.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

How did you slacken the handbrake?

I have the same problem but on the passenger side. My dad adjusted the brake from within the car by removing the rear cupholders in the centre console and adjusting the nut located underneath (I have the OEM armrest by the way, so access might not be the same with the standard centre console). He also lubricated the rear brake on a few occasions beforehand, both methods cured it for a while but it keeps coming back.

My problem is with the handbrake - if you remove the wheel and free the caliper off and then pump the brake pedal it works as normal, it's only when releasing the handbrake does it not always fully release.

zorbas40

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 08:59:34 PM »
I am going to replace the rear calliper assy, I think this is the best to do as adviced by my trusted engineer.
You can get a recondition one for around £130.
Hope that helps...
Kind Regards.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 08:50:13 PM »
I had a brand new nearside rear calliper fitted at a local independent garage for £126 all in last month.

Tags:

anything