Author Topic: CD player switching to radio  (Read 7918 times)

guest5177

CD player switching to radio
« on: December 30, 2014, 05:27:46 PM »
There is something that I have recently observed in my car. Sometimes when I'm listening to a CD, the radio automatically swithces back to play the radio station program   :D  It happens from time to time. What is more - it does not happen just at random (any time)   ;D - it's always the news being broadcasted , when it happens.   Anyone else have this occur? I guess that it is some kind of feature like "NEWS" or something like that. Does anyone know how to disable this function?   

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: CD player switching to radio
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »
Just a long shot but do you have 'Traffic Announcements' (TA) selected on the radio, I think that over-rides the CD player as well and possibly sounds a bit like a news broadcast ?

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 09:23:55 PM »
annoying thing about TA is that not only does it override everything else - but at high volume too
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 06:58:30 AM »
Thank goodness we are sufficiently backwards in this country that we do not yet have Traffic Announcements.  I can see some enterprising person using this to promote his product - timeshare, satellite TV or BMW cars seem to be the most aired adverts
If music be the food of love, play on

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 11:51:55 AM »
Years ago, we had pirate radio stations in the London area which somehow transmitted on the Traffic Announcement system. I don't know how they did it, but it meant you had to switch the radio/cd off until you got out of range of the transmitter. I had a company car in those days, not a Honda, and you couldn't disable the TA on the radio.   

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »
annoying thing about TA is that not only does it override everything else - but at high volume too

To adjust the volume of the traffic announcement, turn the VOL knob while the announcement is
broadcasting. The adjusted volume level will be stored, then that level will be used on the next traffic
announcement. If you adjust the volume below the minimum level, the default level (level 9) will be used
the next time.

Level 9 is relatively quiet.

I think!

Andrewbuch

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not yet - Looking at a 2010/2011 for the wife
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 03:37:52 AM »
Thank goodness we are sufficiently backwards in this country that we do not yet have Traffic Announcements.  I can see some enterprising person using this to promote his product - timeshare, satellite TV or BMW cars seem to be the most aired adverts
But we do have this in SA. Usually changes to 94.7 when they have traffic reports. Have only seen it work on BMWs there is a TA option.

Tags: