Author Topic: Grrr....my first fault on my Jazz.  (Read 3922 times)

guest5040

Grrr....my first fault on my Jazz.
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »
Greetings, today I discovered that my drivers side mirror is not demisting. Booked in to my local Honda dealership for Friday. Will give an update after that. Nothing major obviously, but annoying.

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
Re: Grrr....my first fault on my Jazz.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »
I have had one go on my Honda Legend.
Is there any graining or deterioration in the sharpness of the mirror? If there is an indication that the thing has over heated by staying on too long or shorting you then you can claim against any warranty.
Also if you constantly turn the mirror in I would imagine there could be a disconnection occur as a result of repeated movement, In any case if you have a warrantee always talk to the warranty provider, don't just accept an excuse of wear and tear from the garage - if thats what they say.
I have had three of these go in total 1 on the Honda and two on a BMW immediately after the cars were services and cleaned.
I believe the cause to be steam pressure washers blasting the mirror housing and causing shorts. As a result I ask that they don't clean the cars at now.

guest5040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »
The car was registered 2nd April 2012 so is still under the 3 year manufacturer warranty, so I will not be putting my hands in my pocket for the repair!

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 11:37:26 AM »
Do you use the folding mirrors regularly?  On my Merc  the wiring is known to snap after a while.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
I believe the cause to be steam pressure washers blasting the mirror housing and causing shorts. As a result I ask that they don't clean the cars at now.

IMHO using high pressure steam or water for car cleaning is bad for almost everything on the car, including the paint and seals  - in industry they use high pressure water for cutting steel and other materials
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 03:13:27 PM »
All of the 'hand car wash' sites around here use high pressure jet washers to initially clean their customers cars and that includes the door mirrors.

I have two friends who have had their cars damaged by the pressure washers used. One had paint stripped off, OK the paint probably wasn't very good, but a mains pressure washer wouldn't have stripped the paint. The other problem was a door mirror glass knocked out of alignment.

I still use a mains pressure brush to do mine, which isn't very often, although the windows get cleaned every week.

Vic.

guest5040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »
Apologies for the late update, but came down with man-flu on Friday. Took the Jazz in on Friday morning and the fault is "the electronics in the mirror", new mirror on order, should be in stock on Monday, all covered under warranty... and their coffee was very nice!

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 04:30:01 PM »
Well done - good outcome!

Tags: