Author Topic: GPS - TomTom  (Read 15088 times)

guest4753

GPS - TomTom
« on: August 06, 2014, 05:35:59 AM »
Hi all - I have 2014 Jazz SI - also a TomTom Go5000. Apart from the windscreen (which is a long reach away) how and where else and with what can I secure it for use.
Thanks

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
Re: GPS - TomTom
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 06:05:50 AM »
Good Morning I have aTom Tom Bean Bag mount and it works fine for me,I understand the problem with the windscreen being so far away, there is a mount for the air vent grill but never tried that in fact don't know if there is one that will adapt to the Jazz

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 08:57:21 AM »
My solution is to mount the sat-nav on a piece of rigid polystyrene (any other smooth rigid plastic which the windscreen mount will stick to will be suitable) which I put on a non-slip pad (search for "CAR MOBILE HOLDER ANTI SLIP DASHBOARD PAD PHONE STICKY HOLDER MAT" at your favourite on-line store).

2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 04:26:41 PM »
The bean bag mounts work faultlessly, I have used one for some time and are readily available on Amazon or EBay.

Vic.

guest3895

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 06:46:43 PM »
I use a beanbag mount and it has never moved a mm yet. It can also be moved easily for use in another vehicle.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:40:36 PM »
The Tomtom 'air vent' mounting kit is a good bit of kit. We got one to go with her new Tomtom and it fits easily and is very unobtrusive. Has fittings for all the current models. Downside is £20!

guest4753

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 02:08:55 PM »
Thank you all for the replies and ideas - I will investigate these options.
Rob

GSX600FMAN

• 2014 Jazz Hybrid GP1
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE6 1.4EX, GG6 1.4EX. Now Jazz Hybrid (2014) April 2019
GPS and Phone holder/chargers
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 07:17:09 PM »
I have 3 holders in my Jazz. If I can find how to add photos I will. 1 Iphone 4, 1 HTC HD2 and an HP ipaq. Following are links to the vent holders I have.
http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/proclip/Honda+Jazz-Brodit-Proclip.asp
http://www.drivesafeandlegal.co.uk/brodit/vehicles/Honda/Fit/2009-2011/604276.htm
There is also an A post bracket too.

guest5551

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 09:58:14 AM »
My solution is to mount the sat-nav on a piece of rigid polystyrene (any other smooth rigid plastic which the windscreen mount will stick to will be suitable) which I put on a non-slip pad (search for "CAR MOBILE HOLDER ANTI SLIP DASHBOARD PAD PHONE STICKY HOLDER MAT" at your favourite on-line store).

This beanbag looks good, but I can't find it with the search suggested. Can you give me a specific link?
Mick

guest5551

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 09:59:28 AM »
The bean bag mounts work faultlessly, I have used one for some time and are readily available on Amazon or EBay.

Vic.

Was this the official TomTom beanbag - I've seen mixed reviews of this elsewhere saying it only works on a very flat dashboard.
Mick

guest4477

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 11:16:51 AM »
Hi just buy a bean bag mount place it any where on the dash have had one six months no problems best buy.

emmerdale

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 11:32:29 AM »
Hi Bean Bag mount works fine don't see why some say it needs to be on totally flat surface.

emmerdale

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 11:33:42 AM »
Hi Bean Bag mount works fine don't see why some say it needs to be on totally flat surface.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 01:46:47 PM »

Vic.

Was this the official TomTom beanbag - I've seen mixed reviews of this elsewhere saying it only works on a very flat dashboard.
Mick

No it wasn't it came from Ebay and I use in the same position as shown in the photo.

Vic.

guest5708

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 08:52:41 PM »
I have mounted a TomTom on the Tom Tom own brand disc stuck to the top of the dashboard. Tried the Halfords cheap discs but they didn't stick very well. The Tom Tom one looks the same but seems to have a better sticky pad (at risk of stating the obvious they are much cheaper on E bay!). I then fed the charging cable into the top glove box and drilled a hole on the offside of the box (RHD car) and fed the wire into the back of the dash. I use small rubber grommet to make it look neat. If you drop the glove box you can feed the wire down to the trim just above the 12v power point and keep it through to enable you to plug it in normally. You will need to remove the small flat panel just above the 12v socket by levering the clips at the BOTTOM of the panel (you will break the lugs off it if you lever the top). It keeps the wire very neat and enables the auto on/off function of the TomTom to work. The only thing I haven't managed to do yet is find some small neat black cable clips for the top of the dash behind the vents.

Tags:

anything