Author Topic: 07 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE Safety Features  (Read 2644 times)

guest4616

07 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE Safety Features
« on: March 13, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »
I'm just wondering does a 07 Jazz SE come VSA or Traction control?

Cheers

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: 07 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE Safety Features
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 06:32:04 AM »
AFAIK only ABS brakes and the usual passive safety features (airbags, etc).  In my owner's manual, the first half is devoted to safety, mostly common sense items
If music be the food of love, play on

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 08:59:16 AM »
I think VSA (which is pretty much traction control + vehicle stability combined) only came in with GE models (although it has been on Civic for longer).  VSA uses ABS brake pump to selectively apply brakes to bring car back into line if inertial sensors signal that the body of the car is not going where it should in relation to wheel position (ie skidding sideways),  but it will also cut power to driving wheels if it detects one driving wheel spinning faster than the other driving wheel and also takes speed of rear wheels into account.  On slippery islands I have deliberately applied power to try and provoke a skid,  but the VSA light flashes and the car just gently drifts a little - damn ! you need to turn VSA off to have any fun,  but it turns itself back on next time you start the car  :D
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4616

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 10:11:50 AM »
Cheers for the replies

Tags: