Author Topic: 17" alloys on jazz?  (Read 4102 times)

guest4574

17" alloys on jazz?
« on: March 11, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
Hi All

The other half is asking about alloys for our newly acquired jazz.  Its metallic silver, i polished it up at the weekend using my rotary polisher & menzerna polish's and it looks fantastic, does not show its 10 yr age at all.

now as its looking all nice, the little steel 14" wheels let it down a little & was wondering if anyone has an early jazz with 16" or 17" alloys on.
I have seen some really nice Dezent RB in silver on offer for the 17", don't really want to miss them, but would 17" be too large for a little jazz & i'm guessing that the 40mm tyre wall would ruin the ride quality?

Now bare in mind, fuel is not really the issue with having larger tyres (they would be 205/40/17) & we are not traveling all around the uk or long commutes.  We will have the odd day or trip out etc & would like to make it look better with some alloys!

Thanks  8)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: 17" alloys on jazz?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:19:10 PM »
Personally I don't think that such large wheels are going to look right on a Jazz,
Have you checked that they will fit without catching on any bodywork ?
The ride, which is already quite harsh on a Jazz, will definitely suffer and have you considered whether there is enough difference in the tyre/wheel size to have an effect on your speedometer accuracy ?

Vic.

guest4574

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply, yes the tyre size is changed accordingly hence the low 40mm profile, but i have hesitated on buying as i also think they may be to large on the jazz.  I think i will stick with 16" which the newer jazz models have anyhow and they look a good size to go with the car overall.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 02:35:28 PM »
You can find a wealth of tyre/wheel options here ,its the US forum for Jazz/Fit owners
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/

Remember though the bigger the wheel the £££ the replacement tyre & most likely the harsher the ride

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 02:51:50 PM »
There are a couple of us modders on the forum that are running aftermarket wheels varying from 15" to 17".

Have you checked out my build thread?  :P

I ran some 17s Oz Superleggeras for a couple of months but found that it affected the mpg too much for my liking so went back to my 15 NT03.

I'm now running on 16" Wedsport TC005

Oz

NT03

TC005

guest4574

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
thanks for the info people, great help!
loving the blue jazz Garyman, looks great.
& even the 15" alloys look ok on the jazz, hhhmmmmm, wifes car / 15" alloys = save some money !  ;)

thanks for the advice, i will check out the other forums too.  8)

Tags: