Author Topic: Floor Mats for new GE 2009 Jazz  (Read 8718 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Floor Mats for new GE 2009 Jazz
« on: January 27, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »
Whilst looking at suppliers who offer sets of mats for the new Jazz, I have found 3 companies offering mat sets at about £38 delivered.

www.cyberspares.co.uk/prod.php?prod=475
www.carmats4u.com
www.motionperformance.co.uk

Can anyone comment on mats they have bought for their Jazz?

I am sure that the standard Honda mats would be good but at about £55 a set I thought it worth having a look around.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:23:57 PM by csp »

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Floor Mats for new GE 2009 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:46:52 PM »
Try cannon on www.cannoncarmats.co.uk

They have got mats for old and new shape Jazz

guest745

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:42:51 PM »
I would certainly agree that Cannon do some good quality mats - you never know what you are getting from mail order sources until they arrive - unless its a large brand like Cannon. And they are not the easiest things to return if you are not happy.

That said, sometimes it pays to shop around. I always fit seat covers as well - helps with the dog hairs. I needed to find some for my 'new' Mercedes estate (14 years old) the other month. Even van covers were not large enough - the Merc has armchairs fitted as standard. I thought about trying Plumbs (LOL) but eventually found an online site that sold some very good covers at reasonable(ish) cost. But even those were the second set as the first were still too small.

Have you already got the Jazz. We got our mats thrown in with the car - they don't cost the dealer anything like £55. And its all part of the competitive deal that you should be offered at the present (or I can give you a name !).

The UK mats are different to the ones shown on the Japanese site - not quite as 'trendy - but cheaper !!!. The front both have the fastenings to hold them in place. I'm not a fan - and they do look at bit flimsy where fastened to the original (lightweight) floor mat. Time will tell.

The one improvement over the mats in the previous model is that the drivers mat does go further under the accelerator pedal this time. Still not enough in my opinion - I will still fit a bit extra (shame her in doors forgot to take the extra from the old car last week when we exchanged).

If I was summarizing I would say - ignore the price - over a three or five year ownership the price difference here is 'pennies'. The savings as a result of the excellent mpg will soon cover costs on mats. Instead look at quality / durability and fit (no pun intended for readers from outside the 'Jazz' sales areas). That really means getting to look at both the OEM and Cannon's to start with. You need to protect your investment and make the car easy to clean.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:54:10 AM »
 :) Thanks for the suggestions on Cannon Mats,  I have had carpet mats in the past which I think were Cannon, but I had to replace them due to wear. At that time I was however covering over 20000 miles a year. I will have another look at Cannon and also look at the Honda ones. I have a set of standard Peugeot carpet mats which I have used in 2 cars and those are still ok after a combined total of over 45000 miles.

Having negotiated a discount off the pre January 9th price for the new Jazz to be registered on 1st March I did try to get mats thrown as well but did not win that one.

guest745

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:03:46 PM »
Sounds like you have done alright then if you have got a discount on the old price. Enjoy the car. 300 miles in, since last Friday, and we are still showing 60mpg average.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 09:04:47 PM »
Im gonna treat my jazz to a set of cannon rubber mats which are now exact fit. There about the same price as the honda ones but honda dont do a rubber set.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 05:56:56 PM »
 ;D
I landed up buying carpet mats for my 09 Jazz ES from Cyberspares at £29.99 plus p&p. The mats look really good and fit well, they come with fixings to stop front mats slipping. The fixings were not too easy to fit though.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 05:58:33 PM by csp »

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 10:47:06 AM »
I'm getting Honda mats thrown into the deal

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »
Picked my GE Jazz on Tuesday with the mats included and realise that i will need some replacement mat that has a heel plate of some sort.

Cant believe how rubbish the quality of the Honda mats are  :'(  i can see me wearing them right through in a couple of months time.

I had this problem when i had the CTR but then i splashed out on some JDM red mats and they were the business- although they did come with quite a hefty price tag (£110  :o)  Yes they were expensive but they you could tell it was quality and lasted the whole 7 years i had the R and after a clean, looked as new  8)

Guess might have to buy some ebay cheapo or the ones suggested on the thread.

Gary

Rabiedmushroom

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 1.4EX Elite plus
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »
... but honda dont do a rubber set.
They do rubber mats for a 09 Jazz, I have a set and they fit fine. I got the Honda dealer to swap them with the fabric type ones I had in my Elite pack.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »
Cant believe how rubbish the quality of the Honda mats are  :'(  i can see me wearing them right through in a couple of months time.
I assume those are the standard mats. The higher spec Honda ones (dealer-fitted "Excellence" pack) are high quality thick-pile carpet with a grippy underside. However, they don't cover the area just to the left of the clutch pedal.

(I bought an ex-demonstration car which had them already fitted.)

guest765

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »
The best mats for quality are a set of mats "off the shelf" including a dead match colour from Costco........until i found out that the 05 SE Jazz has to have connecting holes for the attachments under the driving seat. The Costco mats dint have these and are backed by a heavy studded poly base but they do slide at the drivers side as there is noting to hold them from sliding under the accelerator........maybe if a base set of carpets secured by the retaining studs was fitted then the Costco ones would fit the bill. Even the rubber ones wouldn't allow the studs to grip....ho hum :(

guest765

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 05:45:04 PM »
After unpacking the new Costco mats i find they are not as "fitted" as i thought quality is good but fitting will need some cutting..........not a good option now......Joe

guest911

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »
I can recommend tailored mats from Autostyle.  £60 but fantastic quality.  I had a set in my old Jazz for six years and they're still good enough to pass on to a friend.  Autostyle offer a range of colours and bindings as well as various heel pads.  Anthracite with royal blue binding suits the interior of my new EX well.

Hope this helps,

Mozart.

Tags:

anything