Author Topic: Leather seats 'option' ?  (Read 7157 times)

guest2872

Leather seats 'option' ?
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »
Hi everybody,

I'm very interested in a new Jazz and would particularly like the leather seats. But it seems that the leather interior is not an 'option' as such, but rather a standard feature available only on certain model grades.

This doesn't work for me, because in order to get leather on the hybrid, for example, I need to specify the HX or HX-T model grade, and these both come with a panoramic roof which I really don't want.

So far, my dealer has only been able to suggest an aftermarket leather conversion, but I'd prefer the OEM leather.

So I'm wondering if anybody knows whether Honda are able to offer any flexibility in this respect, i.e. has anybody had any success requesting factory leather as an 'option' on a model grade that doesn't include leather as standard?

Regards

Head

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Leather seats 'option' ?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
I would ask your local delear for a drive of  a Jazz with leather seats, then if you still like them ask the delear to try an order on the Honda system . They used to be around £1000.00 too £ for most.

You may be able to negotiate if there is an cancelled order - slim but worth asking.

guest2872

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »
Thanks olduser.

Yep, I've sat in the leather seats and like them a lot. The standard seats are far too fluffy for me, and seem to collect it in abundance.

But the only models I've seen that have the leather also have the panoramic roof, and the dealer's facility to 'customise' an order these days seems limited to a very small list of option packages. Unfortunately none of these include the leather, so it may not be possible.

I'll call Honda UK and see what they know, but I thought I'd ask here first to see whether anybody has had any success with similar requests.

Cheers,

Head

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »
if you dont use cream on leather seats they will eventually start to crack and the drivers seat will show a lot more wear on the edge that a cloth seat would

guest2867

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »
The panoramic roof has an electric sun blind so keep it closed and it looks just like a standard interior.
The Leather seats are very lush go for them.

guest2865

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »
I had leather seats in my Civic SE which was 9 years old when I traded it in 2 weeks ago.  Only once, at about 7 years old did I use leather cream - the leather had some 'fold' marks but no cracking at all.  My Jazz has the fabric seats and so  far I do not miss the leather - leather has associations with expense and upper niche luxury which IMO is misplaced.  They don't smell the way leather seats used to. 

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »
that probably because it is cheap leather, you wont be getting rolls royce leather quality in a normal family car

guest436

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
Many leather seats in cars these days contains a leather substitute.

Top Down

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 07:38:54 AM »
Tanned Donkey hide? Yak?  ::)

guest2872

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
The panoramic roof has an electric sun blind so keep it closed and it looks just like a standard interior.
The Leather seats are very lush go for them.

Yes, the glass roof is nice, but I'm tall and it eats headroom, so it's just not appropriate for me.
And the leather seats are indeed lush, hence my question.

So I've spoken to Honda UK, and here's the deal: they've withdrawn the leather interior as an option, and there is no longer any avenue by which dealers can specify leather on the Hybrid unless you upgrade to one of the higher and more expensive model variants, all with glass roofs.

Frustratingly, this is a deal breaker for me, so I won't be buying a Jazz on this occasion.

Great little car though, nevertheless.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 05:47:03 PM »
The Jazz is a great car, I had leather seats in my Alfa 156SW but would not bother again. I do not like glass roofs, which put me off the EX. I am more than happy with the Jazz ES, although it would be even better with auto lights / wipers, which I found really good on my Peugeot 307.

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »
My parents have just order their Jazz and gone for aftermarket leather seats as they got a wider choice.  The have gone for Urban titanium with red leather.  So a Civic with a near similar combination and it looked great!

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 07:03:37 AM »
Hmm red leather don't do it for me. Grey or black and thats looking good  :D

Tags:

anything