Author Topic: windscreen wiper on new Jazz  (Read 7931 times)

guest2704

windscreen wiper on new Jazz
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:31:25 AM »
I have a 2010 Jazz (my third Jazz) and I love it, except .............. the passenger side windscreen wiper doesn't clear properly leaving a line down the screen.  Due to the configurtion of the wipers this didn't happen on the previous Jazz's.  Anyone else noticed this?  I find it really irritating, more so for my passengers.

John Marshall

• Approved Member
Re: windscreen wiper on new Jazz
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
Hi,
My 2012 Jazz does the same, the water comes off the end of the drivers side wiper blade and leaves a line down the passenger side of the windscreen. Most annoying as it didn't happen on my '57 Jazz. It eventually goes but I have to leave the wipers on longer. So much for progress!
John

guest2704

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 10:08:27 AM »
Thanks for your response.  I am surprised this hasn't come up before and think it is definitely a design fault.  Perhaps I should write to Mr Honda.  My local Honda garage seem to think it is ok and perfectly acceptable.   >:(

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 07:15:28 PM »
Mine does it too. slightly annoying. First time I noticed it I thought one of the blades was damaged.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
You could increase the spring tension on the one blade a touch.  It might make it wipe better. ;)
If music be the food of love, play on

poul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 1,3 Elegance Cvt Navi
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
I have a 2012 Jazz, it does it to and have done it since i bought it

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »
Mine does it.

My 2003 Yaris does it.

I'm grown up so don't care. Stuff what the passenger thinks.  >:(

guest3196

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 10:17:19 AM »
Yes, the line left by the driver's side blade down the passenger's field of view is annoying, particularly after using the screen washers. My wife's Fiat 500 washes the screen, gives three wipes and then after a delay of a second or two, a final sweep. It would help if the Jazz did the same.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 07:00:33 PM »
Yes, the line left by the driver's side blade down the passenger's field of view is annoying, particularly after using the screen washers. My wife's Fiat 500 washes the screen, gives three wipes and then after a delay of a second or two, a final sweep. It would help if the Jazz did the same.

I am gobsmacked. Never thought Fiat would have an advantage over Honda.  :-X
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »
I'd be more than happy to have a line down the screen if the alternative was to have to drive a Fiat (Fix It Again Tomorrow) 500 motorised skateboard
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest3196

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 10:13:56 AM »
I shall ignore that comment - o no! I haven't, have I?

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »
I'd be more than happy to have a line down the screen if the alternative was to have to drive a Fiat (Fix It Again Tomorrow) 500 motorised skateboard

The Fiat 500 is a good yuppie car for those who cannot afford a Mini Cooper S.  Always bear in mind it is a Fiat, you are not going to get Toyota Land Cruiser robustness
If music be the food of love, play on

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »
I have heard cars like Mini and Fiat 500 described as 'handbag accessory cars' - I can't think of a better description - basically 2 seaters (back seats are a joke) with a boot that is only big enough for the average school kids lunch box.  The Mini is surprisingly big on the outside and small on the inside - totally the opposite of the original Mini. Interesting thing is that Fiat 500 shares its chassis with the Ford Ka and both built in Poland.

Actually all it takes on the Jazz is to poke the windscreen washer paddle up once and it will give one wipe,  I also found (on GD) that if you pull the paddle towards you about 3 times in quick succession it will spray the screen and then wipe it as well. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1232

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 09:39:57 AM »
It's always going to happen on cars with one long blade and one short, the longer blade shifts more water onto the short side and obviously, the shorter blade isn't going to move it all away as it's already completed it's sweep.

Just flick it to 'mist' position a couple of times.

If your passenger complains, tell them to use their own car!

Tags: