Author Topic: Can the knock sensor be replaced without removing the intake manifold?  (Read 1200 times)

Nizzehult

  • New Member
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: se
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 -16
We have a 2016 Jazz 1.3L that has started showing error code P0328 ("Knock sensor 1 Circuit High Bank 1 or single sensor"). I’ve ordered a new sensor, the ESS-HD-003, which is supposed to be compatible with the original part number 30530-R1A-A01.
I understand it’s located in the middle of the engine block at the front, beneath the intake manifold, and is quite difficult to both see and reach. Normally, you would remove the intake manifold to replace it, but I’ve read somewhere that it can be done anyway—likely from underneath using mirrors and a socket with an extension.
Has anyone done this and can confirm it’s possible? I don’t have a lift, so I’d have to do the job on the garage floor.

Tags:
 

anything
Back to top