Author Topic: Jazz Advance first impressions  (Read 14648 times)

teralek

  • New Member
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance 2023
Jazz Advance first impressions
« on: September 17, 2026, 10:14:38 AM »
I just got a 2023 Jazz Advance on Monday. Overall I'm very happy with it.
I was very undecided between it and the Corolla, but what tipped the scale to the Jazz was that we are a family of 3 and the space in the back of the Corolla hatchback is ridiculously small.
We mostly drive in the city and we do low mileage a year. Only occasionally we do the motorway. In this scenario the Jazz makes more sense - There is no wrong car, only bad choices for your use case.

I think the Jazz is hands down the best city car all things considered, only rivalled by the Yaris if you don't care about boot size. The reputation it has in the UK about being a car for old people is ridiculous. This car is certainly not a clunker. Maybe the very first generation Jazz was that, but MK2 was not, I drove that car for many years when I was living in Portugal and I had fun with it. Wasn't any sort of speeder but it did it's job well and that VTEC engine was just incredibly good.

Is inevitable to compare my new Jazz with my previous car which was a Civic Si 1.8 from 2010. Almost everything is an upgrade in the new Jazz, except boot size and motorway performance in certain specific situations. The Civic was fun in the motorway, in comparison the Jazz is slightly more boring but it more than pays off because of the Active cruise control and lane assist if you are driving for more than a couple of hours in the motorway. When I drove the Jazz back home for 5 hours after leaving the Civic behind, 3 things were plainly obvious:

- Much more relaxed driving and I was much less tired in the end
- The cabin was way more silent
- The suspension was way more comfortable.

The Civic was much more temperamental and unforgiving in using the clutch and accelerator making it much harder to drive. A slight touch in the accelerator makes the car rev up quickly, the Jazz has a more progressive response.

I only got the advance due to a good deal I found, just a bit more expensive than the Elegance in the same conditions, and because it was in pearl white, which is my favourite colour for this model.  I actually find the keyless entry an annoyance more than a convenience, as I will eventually forget to lock the car one day and it will not close by itself. Plus I find the included navigator pointless when both Android and Apple car work well and better and the diamond cut alloys will possibly be a headache in the long term.

I'm still getting used and learning all the features of this new car, because this change feels like a change from a Nokia 3310 to a Pixel 10 pro. When I was in Spain and rented Omoda SUV I realised I really needed to buy a newer car otherwise I would not know how to drive a modern car soon...
So I'm sure I will come here with questions at a later time as AI can be a bit frustrating at times. It was telling me that this car has walk away auto lock when it doesn't...

Anyway first impressions are very good:
- Urban performance is just outstanding
- Visibility is incredible, which I love in a car and Honda is particularly good at this.
- Fuel savings are excellent
- Good cabin sound proof
- ACC works well enough in the motorway, didn't try yet in the city.
- Comfortable suspension, an improvement from previous jazz models (MK2)
- Is competent enough in the motorway for me
- Is faster than my previous Vtec 1.8L engine in 0-30mph range.

My plan is to keep the car long term because that's what I like to do. But I realise that if I want to do this and keep the car in good condition as years go by I need to do 2 things:

Apply ceramic paint coating and apply under chassis rust treatment like lanoguard.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2026, 10:28:00 AM by teralek »

jasonevans

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 180
  • Country: gb
  • 1 Jazz and 1 Civic Type R - Life is good :-)
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz E:Hev
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2026, 10:35:51 AM »
Good review.

I've had a MK1 Jazz and and Mk3 Jazz. This new 2021 MK4 I have got now is a massive improvement in refinement .  Adaptive cruise control is great.  Had the car for just over a year and done 12k miles and am very happy with it overall.  Andriod auto makes the car feel more modern and is FAR better than the unit in the MK3 which was not very good.

I find it a lot more nippy on pull away from junctions or traffic lights etc and going up hills . It's a lot better compared to my MK3 1.3 I had  due to the hybrid assist.  Makes driving far more relaxing.

Heated seats and heated steering wheel are really nice in winter to.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2026, 11:47:51 AM by jasonevans »

Downsizer

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1141
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 4 Elegance - Red
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2026, 05:49:23 PM »
I would recommend downloading the appropriate manual onto your phone or tablet for ease of reference when out of the car. The physical handbook is a pain.

coldstart

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 847
  • Country: ch
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY24 Jazz Adv
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2026, 05:56:04 AM »
I would recommend downloading the appropriate manual onto your phone or tablet for ease of reference when out of the car. The physical handbook is a pain.
The handbooks can be found here:
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals.html

sebastiand

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 51
  • Country: es
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV (2026, Elegance, Sunlight White Pearl)
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2026, 10:48:35 PM »
Here I'm loving the car so much that I'm starting to regret not getting the Sport variant for the extra gimmicks. I went purely focused in price/benefits with the Elegance (was 21k with promo) and the next jump was the sport (like 25.6k). No advanced option unfortunately.
However, roads are not that nice where I drive, so the Sport with stiffer suspension maybe is not ideal for me, anyway I'd still love it.

I used to not like the design of this Jazz 4th gen when I got it, and purely decided to get it because I consider the Honda Fit the best compact car (all generations), my dad has a 2nd gen with A/T gearbox, and I was in love with the Yaris Hybrid and that sexy design.
Now somehow I love the Jazz design. The cute face, everything, I like it so much that I turn my head for good night after parking it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2026, 10:53:28 PM by sebastiand »

JJazz

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 231
  • Country: scotland
  • My Honda: 2025 Jazz Hybrid Advance Sport in Premium Crystal Red Metallic
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2026, 06:41:13 AM »
Now you have a rear spoiler you are no longer an old man or woman. Ha ha

stefan

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 28
  • Country: fi
  • My Honda: 2022 Honda Jazz e:HEV Executive
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2026, 09:38:03 AM »
Absolutely agree with everything said. We bought the Jazz with our brains and keep it with our hearts.

I agree it is ugly-ish on the outside (I was absolutely against at first glance) but dammit inside it's one of the best designed interiors I sat in (it's what sold it to me, the shape of the seats, the roominess, the cupholders, the buttons on the steering wheel, the way it makes you feel overall, etc.). It's not a 90s Mercedes, but nothing is a 90s Mercedes nowadays.

You have a beautiful paint color.

We did Krown treatment on ours. Time will tell how useful/necessary it was. Just make sure they don't drill holes.

sebastiand

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 51
  • Country: es
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV (2026, Elegance, Sunlight White Pearl)
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2026, 10:17:37 AM »
Now you have a rear spoiler you are no longer an old man or woman. Ha ha

Would be nice to try this one:

https://www.mugen-power.com/automobile/products/fit/parts/02.html





Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk

Jazzik

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1844
  • Country: pl
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2026, 02:31:18 PM »
Sorry, it fits as a flag on a broomstick, sticks out like a sore thumb on such a "sports car".
« Last Edit: September 24, 2026, 02:50:08 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Karoq

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 589
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: My Hondas: Were. Original HR-V, 4 CR-Vs, Jazz, HR-V e:HEV. CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV. Now eNiro4+
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2026, 03:46:45 PM »
Could possibly attract unwanted attention from 'Plod', specially if being silly.
Similar to the American bright red colour on sports cars, they call it "Arrest me red!"
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
80 cars and counting.

nowster

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 972
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2026, 04:55:37 PM »
Could possibly attract unwanted attention from 'Plod', specially if being silly.
Similar to the American bright red colour on sports cars, they call it "Arrest me red!"
Never heard of Traffic Cop snooker?  ;D

jasonevans

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 180
  • Country: gb
  • 1 Jazz and 1 Civic Type R - Life is good :-)
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz E:Hev
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2026, 09:58:54 AM »

[/quote]
Never heard of Traffic Cop snooker?  ;D
[/quote]

That's exactly why I picked Grey  ( Telling a lie as it was the price really but still . hehe )

coldstart

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 847
  • Country: ch
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY24 Jazz Adv
Re: Jazz Advance first impressions
« Reply #12 on: Today at 09:10:21 PM »
...
Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk
Sorry: extremely off-topic! - However, out of sheer curiosity: Why exactly do you have this "signature"?
(I do simply hope that it is out of "mere coincidence", because "Tapatalk" installed this behind your back in order to promote itself without your knowledge!)

Sent from my HP Elitebook 850 running Debian "Trixie" while sitting in my comfortable chair using my fingers on a Logitech keyboard ;) :D

[back on topic]: I find the extreme spoiler quite over the top as well for a car that is meant/built/optimised for slow traffic!
« Last Edit: Today at 09:50:24 PM by coldstart »

Tags:
 

anything
Back to top