Author Topic: Buying Jazz without Full Service History  (Read 2135 times)

guest1874

Buying Jazz without Full Service History
« on: February 13, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »
Hi peeps, just wanted views on the idea of buying a 2005 Jazz Sport without FSH...

- My thoughts and doubts are mainly it will invalidate all my claims for honda warranty parts like the rear bearings and gear box bearings.

- Parts have not been changed according to schedule, so probs will involve some cost to myself when i come to maintain it with the regular parts.

- Car will be harder to sell when i come to sell it ( but my counter argument for this is that its a 2005 jazz at selling price of £5000 which i be keeping as a daily commute for a few years, the car probs wont be worth much by then so a FSH may not matter as much???)

anymore views and opinions on this topic?? im gonna to go see it later and judge for myself but would like some friendly advice =)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Buying Jazz without Full Service History
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:38:46 AM »
Its a buyers market in UK
Check the MOT and tax discs to ebsure they are legit, comapre to others vehicles.
Try it, if you like the drive - buy it.
The key if private sale is to take care on ownership/reason for selling etc.
Use a vehicle checking co .
If garage sale then more protection against safelty faults.

£5k still steep even if Mk2 [wing mirros have side indicators built in].

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Buying Jazz without Full Service History
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:40:03 AM »
- My thoughts and doubts are mainly it will invalidate all my claims for honda warranty parts like the rear bearings and gear box bearings.

Hard to say really. I can't remember if Honda FSH is a requirement for the extend warranty on these parts. If yes, some dealers might refuse but others might see what Honda say as they utlimatly foot the bill. Honda and/or the dealer might even contribute.

- Parts have not been changed according to schedule, so probs will involve some cost to myself when i come to maintain it with the regular parts.

It depends on what exactly has been missed. If it has missed oil changes then I personally think that it is really bad. Missing a spark plug change probably less so. A pre-2006 Jazz like this 'requires' its tappets to be adjusted every 25,000 miles, but some on here have done twice that mileage without having the tappets done and have not reported any problems.

- Car will be harder to sell when i come to sell it ( but my counter argument for this is that its a 2005 jazz at selling price of £5000 which i be keeping as a daily commute for a few years, the car probs wont be worth much by then so a FSH may not matter as much???)

It depends on how old the car is when you sell it and how bothered the purchaser is about it.

Tags: