Author Topic: Do you ever wash your car? If yes, how and how often?  (Read 12842 times)

peteo48

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2746
  • Country: gb
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Do you ever wash your car? If yes, how and how often?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2025, 08:00:05 PM »
I use rinseless (NOT WATERLESS!!) washes now almost exclusively. Optimum No Rinse is my go to. No hoses, pressure washers etc etc. This takes very little time and uses a bucket of water and nothing else in terms of water. In view of this I tend to avoid getting the car too dirty so it's a "little and often" basis. A week to ten day depending on the weather.

Hanszl2001

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 37
  • Country: nl
  • Fuel economy: 5.0 L / 100 KM
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk3 Elegance 2018
Re: Do you ever wash your car? If yes, how and how often?
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2025, 03:44:46 PM »
Once on a monthly base, twice a year Turtle Wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray coating.
And bird droppings the same day when I see them,  having wet wipes always on board.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2025, 08:09:30 AM by Hanszl2001 »

stani

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 379
  • Country: cz
    • Tiny Windows
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV 2025
Re: Do you ever wash your car? If yes, how and how often?
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2025, 07:29:24 PM »
Generally (because I've had my Jazz for a short time) I only wash the car by rinsing it with demineralized water.

When necessary, I wash the car exclusively by hand (with a washing glove) with a PH-neutral shampoo.

About once every two months Gyeon Q2M WetCoat or CARPRO HydrO2, but now I have a 5-year ceramic protection, so these preparations  over the years only occasionally.

I go to a pressure washer for a hand wash or I have my own.

NEVER machine wash.
Things should serve me, not me them

teralek

  • New Member
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance 2023
Re: Do you ever wash your car? If yes, how and how often?
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2026, 09:18:37 PM »
I could spend months without washing it. Until I learned the hard way when My old 2010 Civic got rust under the chassis. I learned my lesson. Now is a weekly wash specially on freezing days when there is salt in the roads. I will not let the same happen to the Jazz. These cars are great but the paint work and the under chassis needs some TLC to last a lifetime.

TnTkr

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 924
  • Country: fi
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Re: Do you ever wash your car? If yes, how and how often?
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2026, 10:29:38 PM »
I get my Jazz washed when needed. Maybe in average once a month, either hand wash in my trusted car wash in nearby town or machine wash in the local shopping mall.

Tags:
 

anything
Back to top