Author Topic: Jazz Heater  (Read 2554 times)

ninanina

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Jazz Heater
« on: May 10, 2024, 11:52:52 PM »
How good is the heater in the Jazz?

When I test drove the Jazz today it was hot and sunny so had the air conditioning on so I didn’t check the heater out

Does it get quite warm/hot and how much time does it take to get there?

Seems a silly question to ask with this warm weather we are getting at the moment but I really feel the cold in the winter ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 11:58:20 PM by ninanina »

ahavoja

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar 2024
Re: Jazz Heater
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 12:13:50 AM »
The air conditioning is quick to start blowing cold air as it's electric. However the heater is not electric and it doesn't have an electric heating element in it. Instead, it produces the heat by running the gasoline engine. In winter when it was freezing weather and snow outside, I'd guess it took about 2 miles of driving until it started blowing warm air. The engine runs during this whole time as it tries to warm up the air. Finally once the cabin has reached the set temperature, the engine can turn off and the car can drive quietly in EV mode again.

Even in cold weather it does blow quite warm air, around 40 C. Once I drove a long trip at -30 C in winter, and Jazz kept the cabin nice and warm, so I could only wear a T-shirt. However to keep the cabin warm in such a cold weather, it was blowing warm air into the cabin with almost the maximum speed (6 out of 7), so it was quite loud. I had the climate control in "Auto" mode.

The heated steering wheel is also nice, and thanks to it, I don't need to wear gloves in car so often. It also heats the whole circumference of the steering wheel, which I like. In some cars it might only heat the left and right sides of the steering wheel, where people usually keep their hands, maybe to save some energy.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 12:35:48 AM by ahavoja »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 04:03:50 AM »
When you commute all year round, same journey, same time, etc. You get to know when to expect heat

My Jazz starts blowing heat in about 2/3 of the distance all my previous 1.8 Civics did
Let's be careful out there !

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 05:57:39 PM »
My 2023 SR Warms up within a mile or so from a cold start, set at 20 degrees the car is lovely and warm and I use this setting all through the winter, if I want more or less heat then I use between 18 & 22 degrees, I don’t have heated seats and am comfortable with just the heating system the Jazz has.
 :D ;D

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 10:33:48 AM »
Best to use heated seats/steering wheel initially and switch on climate system after a couple of miles

Tags:

anything