Author Topic: P0339 code but absolutely no other symptoms  (Read 1137 times)

chas56

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz
P0339 code but absolutely no other symptoms
« on: May 09, 2024, 08:42:00 PM »
2006 Jazz (petrol), 208k km.

Got a check engine light the other day, friend's scanner showed a P0339 code.

No other symptoms whatsoever.

How serious? Get it to a Honda mechanic right away, or let it wait until the check engine light reappears or some other symptoms appear?

Thanks!

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: P0339 code but absolutely no other symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 10:09:13 AM »
You could have a coil/sparkplug breaking down, they can cause electrical interference which can be picked up by the Crankshaft position sensor.

Do you know the history of the spark plug changes? Have all 8 been replaced etc.?

chas56

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 11:47:22 AM »
Thanks, Steve, for replying. I have an oil and tire change record from the previous owner, but no mention of spark plug replacement. Do you recommend this as a starting place? If this is the fix, it would be a lot better than buying a new sensor. Here in Morocco, labor is pretty inexpensive, but factory parts for imported cars are really, really expensive.

chas56

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 12:57:19 PM »
You could have a coil/sparkplug breaking down, they can cause electrical interference which can be picked up by the Crankshaft position sensor.
I (perhaps unwisely) reset the onboard computer with the scanner, so there's presently no "check engine" light displayed.

Question: if I replace the spark plugs, can I keep driving as normal and keep my eye out for the return of the check engine light?

I'm not sure about the potential severity of the problem that's triggering the P0339 code.

Thanks very much for your help!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 01:45:43 PM by chas56 »

Tags: