Author Topic: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN  (Read 10605 times)

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2024, 08:21:49 AM »
As of now, I am still waiting for the dealership to confirm whether indeed I have the Five Care Package (service, warranty, roadside) before I decide what to do.  Salesman on holiday - hence delay. 

GeoffW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz SR
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2024, 03:44:53 PM »
Just a warning about Terms and Conditions - I've had service plans for our Hondas for many years, and they have always included the MOT test fee, but my current 2 year service plan on my 2020 Jazz I found doesn't include the MOT fee! Check the terms of any plan closely!

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2024, 04:55:11 PM »
As of now, I am still waiting for the dealership to confirm whether indeed I have the Five Care Package (service, warranty, roadside) before I decide what to do.  Salesman on holiday - hence delay.

...What does it say on your order form?
Mine says 5 year care package.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2024, 12:58:48 PM »
when I ordered my EX in September 2021 I got the Honda 5 year Care package  included free as part of the Honda finance deal  available at the time  . Like many I was lucky enough to find out in time that by taking out the minimum loan of £5000 and paying it off after 6 months I still qualified for the free package  (costing IIRC £799 if bought separately) for only about £100 or so in interest payments.

I too got the letter shown on John Ratseys posting clearly stating I had 5 year service plan  ,5 years warranty  (consisting of 3 years standard plus 2 year Honda extended guarantee ) and 5 years hondacare assistance.
I also received Terms and conditions  Part 1, service plan,Part 2, Honda Extended guarantee exclusions and Honda care assistance

Although these terms and conditions mention the £399 cost of an extended guarantee my Vehicle Order form included as ' retailer options'  Honda Service plan  £0.00   and Care package upgrade £0.00

I think Honda Finance may have closed the 'minimum finance' loop hole  some time later. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

FMIB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2024, 02:45:56 PM »
I ordered 1 year later, Sept 2022 and the paperwork clearly states 5 year servicing, 3 year warranty and 3 year roadside assistance.
No mention or offer of the additional Care Plan by either the supplying dealer or Honda was made to me.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2024, 04:12:33 PM »
...The 5 year Care Package was available for free on the Jazz in October 21 when I bought one, but was not free in Oct 23 when I was looking to change/upgrade.
It was then available for free on the HR-V, which is what I changed to.

This was std PCP.

Hicardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2024, 10:57:15 PM »
Yep it was all a bit of a mess, and hard to understand what offer was on when in 2021.  Bear I mind that the poor punter had to try to figure out what a Five Care Plan was, What a Five Service Plan was etc etc.  I'm not making excuses for my mistakes.  I wish I had been more thorough about what I was actually getting when I purchased in June 2021. 

So I did some investigation myself online over the last few days and found that a Five Service Plan was available in June 2021, and a Five Care Plan (5 Years service, warranty, rescue) did not get marketed and available to buyers until sometime in July 2021.  Therefore, I must have had only the 5 year Service Plan on my purchase in June 2021.  A few days later I had exactly the same explanation  from the salesman I dealt with in 2021.  At least the explanations tallied.

However I'm now in the position of having to purchase a warranty extension to be on the safe side, if I'm keeping the car, which I plan to   :o

Hicardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2024, 10:37:42 PM »
At a discount price of £599 paid interest free over 10 months

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2024, 10:09:20 AM »
I was pleased to get the 5 year care plan free.  But I am beginning to realise just how restrictive the terms and conditions can be , at least for my circumstances.

My 3rd service is due in sept/oct,  To get it free I will have to be in the UK at that time , with less than 12500 miles since the last service   (I think they allow you to go 750 miles over on mileage). If I exceed it  I would not only lose my free service, but possibly also the remaining 2 year extended warranty guarantee.   

But we had planned to  drive down to the tip of Italy in June. Doing a lot of extra miles.  It would leave it touch and go whether I could return to the uk within the mileage limit.    Had it just been the requirement to have Honda dealership servicing  for the  manufacturers warranty I could be more flexible, possibly  getting it serviced in Italy etc.  I would have to pay of course. 

There is something in conditions that if you expect to exceed  limits on mileage or time you must  inform "Honda administration" in writing , in advance of this happening.   But I'd be surprised if this meant they would relax the requirements as a result. 

I have solved the problem for this year by delaying the Italy trip until after the next service.    My car insurance runs February - February  and I will not have exceeded my  declared 12000 mile pa  over that period .(and will be less than 30,000 miles in 3 years with the same insurer) 

Whatever car I buy next  I think I will look more  carefully at any strings and potential hidden costs attached  to extended warranties and service plans.   Maybe paying for my own servicing and  selling the  car after 3 years  will bring me more freedom and flexibility with my travel plans. 

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2024, 12:00:02 PM »
Yes i agree with Lord V on the small print . Its more important you have a good honda dealer who will support you and sort things with honda direct if needed ! While my jazz awaited its replacement wiring loom the dealer found the air con condenser to have a leak and also the two drop links to the front antiroll bar had worn . Both items replaced by dealer under warrantry with no involvement by me -other than to say they were getting changed-! So 10/10 again to DM Keith for continuing such excellent customer care. My wife has equally great service from her toyota garage who too really value your custom.

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2024, 10:19:52 PM »
Yep it was all a bit of a mess, and hard to understand what offer was on when in 2021.  Bear I mind that the poor punter had to try to figure out what a Five Care Plan was, What a Five Service Plan was etc etc.  I'm not making excuses for my mistakes.  I wish I had been more thorough about what I was actually getting when I purchased in June 2021. 

So I did some investigation myself online over the last few days and found that a Five Service Plan was available in June 2021, and a Five Care Plan (5 Years service, warranty, rescue) did not get marketed and available to buyers until sometime in July 2021.  Therefore, I must have had only the 5 year Service Plan on my purchase in June 2021.  A few days later I had exactly the same explanation  from the salesman I dealt with in 2021.  At least the explanations tallied.

However I'm now in the position of having to purchase a warranty extension to be on the safe side, if I'm keeping the car, which I plan to   :o

At the time of Order, I was offered by the dealer's sales bloke, and I opted to pay extra for, a Honda 5 Year Care Package that came into effect when the Jazz was first registered at the end of July 2020. This package is for:
5 years Servicing,
5 years Warranty, and
5 years Hondacare Assistance (which apparently includes AA Relay Plus cover).

It took until December 2020 before Honda sent me the actual document.

How strange that there appear to be so many different later variants of this 5 year plan.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2024, 10:22:57 AM »

How strange that there appear to be so many different later variants of this 5 year plan.
It was offered free by Honda's  finance department ,primarily as a sales incentive for taking out their credit plan,rather than to sell more Hondas.
Over the same period you could buy the various elements  of the package  separately.   I think the dealership make  quite a good commission on the price if you buy it from them.   But not if you  got it free from Honda finance.  I think some dealerships  did not go out of their way to inform potential customers of the free offer from Honda finance.   Some buyers may have received the package, or some elements of it,  as a freebie as part of a sales incentive by the dealership rather than Honda Finance.   A package 'worth ' £699 if bought separately  might in reality only cost the dealership  half that as sales incentive discount
I wasnt really told about the finance freebie . I initially though the package was always included.  On the  way out of the showroom ,after an early casual look at the Jazz, I noticed a poster advertising it for £699 (I think).  It was only when I queried this that the salesman ,'tipped  the wink' that by taking out the minimum loan and paying it off early, you got the package free for only £100 or so in interest payments.   
I actually purchased the car from a different dealership.  I raised the 'finance dodge' with the  salesmen, who immediately looked deflated and said "Ah. I see you have been talking to someone".

I think so many  buyers used the 'dodge' , that Honda finance rapidly altered then stopped the offer.   

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2024, 04:01:22 PM »

It was offered free by Honda's  finance department ,primarily as a sales incentive for taking out their credit plan,rather than to sell more Hondas.
Over the same period you could buy the various elements  of the package  separately.   I think the dealership make  quite a good commission on the price if you buy it from them.   But not if you  got it free from Honda finance.  I think some dealerships  did not go out of their way to inform potential customers of the free offer from Honda finance.   Some buyers may have received the package, or some elements of it,  as a freebie as part of a sales incentive by the dealership rather than Honda Finance.   A package 'worth ' £699 if bought separately  might in reality only cost the dealership  half that as sales incentive discount
I wasnt really told about the finance freebie . I initially though the package was always included.  On the  way out of the showroom ,after an early casual look at the Jazz, I noticed a poster advertising it for £699 (I think).  It was only when I queried this that the salesman ,'tipped  the wink' that by taking out the minimum loan and paying it off early, you got the package free for only £100 or so in interest payments.   
I actually purchased the car from a different dealership.  I raised the 'finance dodge' with the  salesmen, who immediately looked deflated and said "Ah. I see you have been talking to someone".

I think so many  buyers used the 'dodge' , that Honda finance rapidly altered then stopped the offer.

A cynic might wonder if Honda had previously been too relaxed about the cost to the company of potential claims under extended 5 year warranties. After all, Hondas are (supposedly) top of the reliability and customer satisfaction charts, being so well engineered, with top quality materials and components! A reputation that seems to be slipping, as far as the Mk 4 Jazz is concerned.

As the Bible says: A good reputation and respect are worth much more than silver and gold.

Corporate bean counters in Japan, take note. Once you have lost your reputation, getting it back is near impossible. Even if you put engineers back in charge, it is too late. Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Hicardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2024, 02:40:18 PM »
Thanks for the interesting comments guys.  Yes it was a bit foggy, let's say, in 2020 and 2021 with these offers.  Anyway I have purchased the 2 year extension on interest free over 10 months, which seems at least to soften the blow. 

Still love the car.  Gotta wonder about Honda UK tho.  Seem to have lost the plot somewhat with regard to reputational damage with confusing warranties and inaction over recalls.  ::)

Tags: