Author Topic: Wanted: Left side rear view mirror cover  (Read 2559 times)

Hamilton Kennedy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mark1 April 2008
Wanted: Left side rear view mirror cover
« on: November 21, 2023, 03:52:12 PM »
I would appreciate it if someone could identify a source for a replacement left side mirror cover for a Mark 1 Jazz.  I have been trying to track one down for weeks now without success.   After market part available for later models but I have had no luck finding a Mark 1 cover. 
Will the cover for the Mark 2 fit the Mark 1 mirror assembly?
Suggestions for alternatives will be appreciated.
Regards,

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Wanted: Left side rear view mirror cover
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 07:57:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

In my experience, used spares are best found on ebay. Listed either as mirror, or car breaking and a phone call/message needed. 

Ebay item no 166439746809 - £38 inc postage seems ok to me.

There are also breakers online, such as Findapart etc or Honda breakers such as https://www.trents.co.uk/car-parts/makes/popular-makes/honda

Hamilton Kennedy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mark1 April 2008
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 06:37:49 PM »
I appreciate your input.  I will contact the sources you suggest as everyone else I have tried tend loonily have parts for later models available while Honda UK only have the complete mirror assembly available, - at a price. 

Regards,

Hamilton K

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 08:21:00 PM »
No worries Hamilton K. Happy hunting!

Imho, as Honda never sold in volume, the used spares are at a premium. Also, the original parts as you know are so expensive, so that keep used parts prices up.

Unlike volume sellers, like Corsa or Fiesta, which tend to be a lot cheaper used as indeed they were new.

Again, it really is worth searching Jazz breaking and phoning the breakers. It's so much cheaper for them to list the whole car rather than each item. A bit of phone work can save decent £.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 10:02:06 AM »
Try midland Honda parts

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2023, 11:35:21 AM »
There are several used part finder web sites. I have used such sites in the past, without any hassle, but cant remember which one.  Enter what you need  ,free,  and breakers yards with a  Mk1 Jazz e mail you an offer including postage. .  You may get several offers.  I think you can make secure payment via the site.

Some of these  may be a similar price. Some yards may not want to sell just the cover as it leaves the rest of the mirror unsaleable. The time taken for removal and their  assessment of how desperately you need  the part may affect the price.       But left side mirror are less in demand,  the cover may not take long to remove, cheaper to post,  and there may be little yard in  a low wage area only too pleased make a few quid on something thats not recyclable and about to go into the crusher.   

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: