Author Topic: Honda+ app with Advance models  (Read 7996 times)

russd1978

• Approved Member
Honda+ app with Advance models
« on: November 11, 2023, 07:09:12 PM »
Hello, just wondering if anyone had any luck connecting a 2023 onwards Advance model to the Honda+ app?

I've tried various ways to get it to connect to my Advance Sport but without any success. When attempting to pair it asks to generate a key but it always fails immediately.

I contacted Honda and they said to go through some instructions but even that didn't work. Beginning to think it's a thing with the latest models not working with the app. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had success. Thanks

forumache

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport MY24
Re: Honda+ app with Advance models
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 09:20:21 PM »
I had the same problem (immediately failing to generate pin) in the end the issue was that the communication between the car and Honda was not enabled. Something like TCU.
If you try to open Messages, it will say something like Authentication failed.
It seems that you have to ask for it to be enabled (privacy issues) and to accept tracking when the car asks (or find it in settings)
Long story short, I went back to the dealer and asked them to enable TCU. Problem solved.

Try talking to the dealer and ask them if they enabled it

russd1978

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 12:45:10 AM »
Thanks... It could be that although it does say that the TCU is connected in the top left notifications. And I did ask for it to be set up before I picked up the car so the dealer did confirm. Very strange but I will ask them.

russd1978

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 02:10:58 PM »
I had the same problem (immediately failing to generate pin) in the end the issue was that the communication between the car and Honda was not enabled. Something like TCU.
If you try to open Messages, it will say something like Authentication failed.
It seems that you have to ask for it to be enabled (privacy issues) and to accept tracking when the car asks (or find it in settings)
Long story short, I went back to the dealer and asked them to enable TCU. Problem solved.

Try talking to the dealer and ask them if they enabled it

Ah, I am getting the message about authorisation failed in the messages app. So even though it's connected that doesn't necessarily mean it's been authorised so I will get onto the dealer! Thanks for the pointer!

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 07:26:20 PM »
Is the TCU icon (car with radio waves) on the top of the screen white or grey. If the TCU is active it should be white and show a strength signal.

Classkawa

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 04:12:11 PM »
Is the TCU icon (car with radio waves) on the top of the screen white or grey. If the TCU is active it should be white and show a strength signal.

Much as I look I can't see this icon. Is it on the driver interface screen or the infotainment screen? Any chance you could post a pic Steve?

Steve_M

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2023, 04:46:54 PM »
On the infotainment screen to the right of the clock in the top status bar.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2023, 04:49:39 PM »
Close up

Classkawa

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2023, 07:32:45 PM »
Thanks Steve that's really helpful, I clearly couldn't see it for looking and probably should have gone to Specsavers! Knowing exactly where to look made the difference.
My icon was grey so I know now why I can't pair the app with the car and I have a service booked for Wednesday so can ask the dealer to update the TCU settings.

Tags:

anything