Author Topic: Radio code?  (Read 825 times)

AlexS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: HONDA JAZZ 1.3 I-VTEC S 5-DOOR 2017.
Radio code?
« on: August 30, 2023, 03:47:50 PM »
Hi

This is hopefully the last question.

I can't find the radio code anywhere for this Honda Jazz (please see image attached). Looked at paperwork, service manuals etc.

Luckily it's unlocked right now, is there anyway we can retrieve it for next time?

Honda dealer will charge £20 for the information.

Thanks

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 04:11:42 PM by AlexS »
2017 HONDA JAZZ 1.3 I-VTEC S 5-DOOR - Orange Sunset II

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Radio code?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 04:31:46 PM »
The code is stored in the car's ECU (ie computer), so the unit can only be used in that car. You don't get a separate code that you input manually.

AlexS

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: HONDA JAZZ 1.3 I-VTEC S 5-DOOR 2017.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 05:04:43 PM »
Strange, it came up asking for a code after the car battery was removed. It did restore things back to normal when pressing and holding the power button.

Phoned car dealer and they seems to think there is a radio code? (At a cost however).

Also pretty sure there was a radio code on a bit of paper which my mother has lost..?

Not saying you are wrong..

Also trying to find the serial number for it as well, this is an android device, the info section doesn't seem to display it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 05:07:51 PM by AlexS »
2017 HONDA JAZZ 1.3 I-VTEC S 5-DOOR - Orange Sunset II

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 07:03:41 PM »
Strange, it came up asking for a code after the car battery was removed. It did restore things back to normal when pressing and holding the power button.

Yup, that's exactly normal. The radio wants a code, and the long press tells it to get that code from the ECU. The fact that your radio then worked normally is proof that it all worked.

The code that you say your mother may have lost may be the key code (helpful if you need to replace a physical key). This may be what your dealer is thinking of.

Tags: