Author Topic: New South African variant.  (Read 45585 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: New South African variant.
« Reply #345 on: January 08, 2022, 10:01:22 PM »
Informed this evening that my step-daughter has just tested positive for Covid. She has been testing daily and a positive Lateral Flow test led her to take a PCR test and this confirmed Covid. Her mum is up to high doh despite me reminding her that she had all three vaccinations and any symptoms will probably be fairly mild.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2022, 10:40:00 PM »
Informed this evening that my step-daughter has just tested positive for Covid. She has been testing daily and a positive Lateral Flow test led her to take a PCR test and this confirmed Covid. Her mum is up to high doh despite me reminding her that she had all three vaccinations and any symptoms will probably be fairly mild.
Good luck to them.
Neil Ives

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #347 on: January 09, 2022, 09:03:53 AM »
Sorry to hear that.
As you say she should be all right having had three jags.
Hope she's in a situation where she can self-isolate without too much inconvenience.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #348 on: January 09, 2022, 11:08:21 AM »
If this mornings news is correct then free lateral flow tests are to be scrapped and we are being expected to live with it.

I get the impression they are assuming Delta was the last serious infection and all future ones will be mild.

Let's be careful out there !

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #349 on: January 09, 2022, 11:22:04 AM »
If this mornings news is correct then free lateral flow tests are to be scrapped and we are being expected to live with it.

I get the impression they are assuming Delta was the last serious infection and all future ones will be mild.
More mixed messaging and wishful thinking.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/09/nadhim-zahawi-denies-there-is-plan-to-end-free-lateral-flow-covid-tests
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-uk-news-live-cases-test-b1989458.html?page=2#post-538566
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-uk-news-live-cases-test-b1989458.html?page=2
edit added links
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 02:18:33 PM by JimSh »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #350 on: January 09, 2022, 11:30:32 AM »

Well I can vouch for OMG-icron being mild,  I know a few people who got over it very quickly, me and wifey picked it up over christmas ( along with the turkey LOL ) and no more than a cold... I had 2x AZ jabs last year ( Feb and May ),  did not get 'boosted' or the useless flu jab ( they always get the wrong strains), and last flu jab I had which was also my first ever in late 2019 I developed shingles ( which is very nasty ) a few days after the jab, on the same side of body as the jab, so no more flu jabs for me.  Despite being boosted ( or maybe because of ) my younger wife had worse symptoms than me, I never felt the need to go to bed, never got anything worse than a runny nose ( and mild headache for a day).    I think the population is being given too many relatively untested vaccines which may well be affecting our immune systems, and not in a good way.  The successful virus strain is the one that can spread the furthest, and that will be the one that does not kill or incapacitate its host and allows them to move around and give the virus to others - at the moment Omicron is top of the heap and has displaced the earlier ones,  but may itself be displaced by an even milder one soon.  It will all be over by spring...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #351 on: January 09, 2022, 11:56:06 AM »
Hope you had the sense to self isolate.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #352 on: January 09, 2022, 11:59:04 AM »

Been out partying every day since positive test .... gladly doing my bit for herd immunity.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 12:09:47 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2022, 12:08:56 PM »
NHS doctor tells Sajid Javid why he will not get vaccinated,  my guess is that the 'no jab - no job' rule will be quietly dropped when politicians finally grasp - the true nature of Omicron and the damage being done to NHS by threatening medical staff in this way. He asks Javid ' are you going to vaccinate everyone every month, because that is the protection life of boosters'

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #354 on: January 09, 2022, 12:14:50 PM »

Been out partying every day since positive test .... gladly doing my bit for herd immunity.

"Herd immunity against COVID-19 should be achieved by protecting people through vaccination, not by exposing them to the pathogen that causes the disease. Read the Director-General’s 12 October media briefing speech for more detail.
https://www.who.int/news-room/questions-and-answers/item/herd-immunity-lockdowns-and-covid-19

"However, there are some major problems with relying on community infection to create herd immunity to the virus that causes COVID-19:
    Reinfection. It’s not clear how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have antibodies, you could get COVID-19 again.
    Health impact. Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the pandemic. This number of infections could lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have existing health conditions. The health care system could quickly become overwhelmed."
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 12:20:28 PM by JimSh »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #355 on: January 09, 2022, 12:29:14 PM »
Well looking at the length of time the new MRNA 'therapies' protect people with their short lived anti-bodies, as the Doctor in video says, are we willing to inject everyone every month ?  The answer is no ( although Fizzer shareholder would love it ).   I had more faith in AZ vaccine because that trained up the immune systems 'T' cells, and that lasts a lot longer.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #356 on: January 09, 2022, 12:30:28 PM »
NHS doctor tells Sajid Javid why he will not get vaccinated,  my guess is that the 'no jab - no job' rule will be quietly dropped when politicians finally grasp - the true nature of Omicron and the damage being done to NHS by threatening medical staff in this way. He asks Javid ' are you going to vaccinate everyone every month, because that is the protection life of boosters'
Continue to the end of video and read the Disclaimer from Kings College Hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59927306
Added link for full context.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 04:18:21 PM by JimSh »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #357 on: January 09, 2022, 02:14:15 PM »
Continue to the end of video and read the Disclaimer from Kings College Hospital.

They would say that wouldn't they ?  Are we gonna carry on with the booster merry go round - being jabbed every month for ever ?  As I said, there will be egg over many faces very soon,  the people who did not understand 'the science',  but engaged in virus politics ( Sturgeon, I'm looking at you ).

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #358 on: January 09, 2022, 02:53:58 PM »
It would appear that Laura, my step-daughter, has contracted the Delta variant. She is having breathing difficulties, a painful persistent cough and everything, even water, tastes of burnt plastic. And she is a trim, fit, girl, in her thirties.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #359 on: January 09, 2022, 10:46:35 PM »
It would appear that Laura, my step-daughter, has contracted the Delta variant. She is having breathing difficulties, a painful persistent cough and everything, even water, tastes of burnt plastic. And she is a trim, fit, girl, in her thirties.
Sorry to hear that. Hope she gets better soon.
Take care.

Tags:

anything