Author Topic: Would you buy another mk1 jazz...?  (Read 3356 times)

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
Would you buy another mk1 jazz...?
« on: April 24, 2021, 10:03:58 PM »
OK I was in Morrisons carpark the other day and I parked up quite close to a silver mk1 jazz.

It looked really good, no rusting arches, sills immaculate, and from what I could see it looked rust free everywhere. Very well looked after and garaged at a guess.

Now it got me thinking, mines getting on and in the next 4 or 5 Yr it might start struggling on mot's with underbody rust etc.
I was so tempted to go over and ask the old fella that if he was concidering selling anytime to give me first dibs as my car has been so reliable.

So would you guys upgrade to a mk2 or mk3 or  get another decent mk1.?

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
Re: Would you buy another mk1 jazz...?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 11:02:53 PM »
I'm still like 5 months to my 2006 auto jazz. So far I love it apart from me been 6' 4" in height and the rear vie mirror is syanding on my eye level. If I could get that mirror bit more higher up I would be definitely in for a treat.
Being on this group and learning about the car also gave me a reason to like it more.
So, maybe in another 2yrs or so I will sell  my current one and buy another one 2010 onwards model.

Johnocyprus

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT, 2007 CRV EX, 2022 C125 SuperCub, 2003 Izzy
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 04:57:43 AM »
No.
Had the cat stolen on my wife’s Mk1 back in 2019 and the experience was awful.  We were then anxious about a repeat experience and got rid. We upgraded to a Mk 3 2018 SE CVT which we love.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 04:59:59 AM by Johnocyprus »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 08:37:54 AM »
If it was immaculate body-wise, yes. I'd use my current motor for spares. Wouldn't buy a silver one though   ;D

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 09:38:19 AM »

It looked really good, no rusting arches, sills immaculate, and from what I could see it looked rust free everywhere. Very well looked after and garaged at a guess.

I love seeing these older cars that are well looked after and still going strong, don’t get this country’s obsession with having to have brand new cars on the drive every couple of years. Plenty of good mk1 jazz still on the road, testament to the quality of the car and the owners!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 09:48:54 AM »
With any car over 7 years old it's all about condition.If you like the way it drives & think it's god value then get it.
No matter which model, spec etc.
Always squeeze the dealer garages ......before handing over you hard earned £.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 10:01:49 AM »

I love seeing these older cars that are well looked after and still going strong, don’t get this country’s obsession with having to have brand new cars on the drive every couple of years. Plenty of good mk1 jazz still on the road, testament to the quality of the car and the owners!

The problem with UK ( unlike anywhere else in the world ) is that the date it was registered in on full display on the number plate - Seems many people get personal ( vanity ? ) plates to hide the real age of their car - such is the 'new car snobbery in UK'. It is illegal to get a plate that makes your vehicle appear 'newer' than it is,  thank goodness.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 06:00:30 PM »
Why not silver, any known issues with silver?

If it was immaculate body-wise, yes. I'd use my current motor for spares. Wouldn't buy a silver one though   ;D

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 06:18:27 PM »
Why not silver, any known issues with silver?
I just don't like silver cars. I remember when every rep had a silver Astra or Cavalier. Every rundown boy racer around here seems to be silver. I like the darker graphite greys, like the new Jazz, but not rep silver.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 06:54:39 PM »
I’d buy Jocko's.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 07:02:11 PM »
]I just don't like silver cars. I remember when every rep had a silver Astra or Cavalier. Every rundown boy racer around here seems to be silver. I like the darker graphite greys, like the new Jazz, but not rep silver.
Silver cars are brilliant. Solely on the basis of they never look dirty. I've owned most car colours over the years, but silver is without question the easiest to keep clean.   :D

On the question of MK1 Jazz. I'd love to have a try of a mk1. My Jazz career has started in the MK2, and it is a great little car. Be interested to see how it differs from the mk1. Road tests can only tell you so much.

Re reg number displaying the age. Who cares? It means a lot to some people, but then again, so does wearing the correct brand and all the rest of it. Only a brief look at the current covid situation in India will prove how totaly irrelevant snobbery is on the grand scheme of things.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 07:13:34 PM »
Silver cars are brilliant. Solely on the basis of they never look dirty.
I see the other side of the coin. I think they always look dirty!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 07:44:18 PM »
]I just don't like silver cars. I remember when every rep had a silver Astra or Cavalier. Every rundown boy racer around here seems to be silver. I like the darker graphite greys, like the new Jazz, but not rep silver.
Silver cars are brilliant. Solely on the basis of they never look dirty. I've owned most car colours over the years, but silver is without question the easiest to keep clean.   :D

On the question of MK1 Jazz. I'd love to have a try of a mk1. My Jazz career has started in the MK2, and it is a great little car. Be interested to see how it differs from the mk1. Road tests can only tell you so much.

Re reg number displaying the age. Who cares? It means a lot to some people, but then again, so does wearing the correct brand and all the rest of it. Only a brief look at the current covid situation in India will prove how totaly irrelevant snobbery is on the grand scheme of things.

The mk1  idsi.  Engine is a different drive experience to vtec lump in mk2.  Think of a much more tractable engine that pulls from low revs and runs out of breath over 4500 revs ( where most people never go any way ) -compare with vtec that is gutless below about 3000 revs and gap between first and second gear too big, so pulling away on a hill you have to rev it high before changing to second, and cross fingers that car doesn't start to slow down.  IMHO idsi much better suited to Jazz as an urban type car.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 08:13:22 PM »
So why was the idsi replaced with the Vtec? Did Honda just stop making that particular engine?

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2021, 08:27:25 PM »
So why was the idsi replaced with the Vtec? Did Honda just stop making that particular engine?

Emissions, I would think.

i-DSI was Euro 3/4, VTEC engine was Euro 5 and subsequently Euro 6.

Tags: