Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next ?  (Read 17129 times)

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
Re: So then, what car are you buying next ?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »
It is amusing to see owners of particular models stay loyal to their iteration! I have friends with a Mark 1 Jazz who would not go near a Mark 2 and now Mark 3 and Hybrid all engender their own loyalties:)

guest5251

• Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 09:59:38 PM »
when i used to have my ct200h 1.8ltr + 200cc (equivalent from hybrid) so 2ltr,in winter 50mpg & free road tax
the IS300h i have 2.5ltr + 500cc  (equivalent from hybrid) so 3ltr, at the moment  49.3 mpg & £10 road tax /yr
so for my family the only way is hybrid

guest5669

• Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2015, 10:11:16 PM »
The new Golf GTE is very nice, but at 38k get that down to 35k with the Government grant. 

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 10:20:21 PM »
I have bought Jazzes in the past as I have found them ideal for carrying my fishing gear.
At present I'm trying to use my Mk2 as a conventional car, not using magic seats and flat load area, to see how it works. I can fit my fishing  chair into the boot without dropping the back seats but on the MK3 it could be tight.
My local dealer has said that I can try to see if my chair will fit into one of their MK 3 demos. I don't think so but will give it a try

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 03:27:06 PM »
I have already traded in my Jazz for a 1 Litre  3 cylinder Fiesta Ecoboost. Compared to the Jazz its performance is eye opening and its pulling power uphills is amazing, it is a pleasure to drive. So I was interested to read this article:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34731463

The only area where the Jazz beats the Fiesta is internal and load space, that's not a problem for me and I'd rather have the better driving experience.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:36:41 PM by Pine »

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »
I will be interested to see the reliability of the 3 cylinder engines as used in the Toyota Aygo, Citroen C1 and quite a few others, possibly not the Ford.

I just sold a Golf Diesel which vibrated like a tractor BUT started 1st time for the last 23 years! As a result of suffering in that thing I find vibration at low speed and idle creates a big decision point when I buy:)

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2015, 11:01:21 PM »

Comments on the VW forums suggest they're not slashing prices yet -

That will be because dealerships cannot sell any of the affected cars until they have been sorted out.

As far as new cars are concerned the EU6 cars are OK (allegedly :) ) but apparently (and I don't understand this bit, as EU6 is mandatory from 1st Sept) there are still some new EU5 cars in the network which they can't sell. 

Anyway, if we hadn't bought Tiguan we'd have bought HR-V - and that's now on the list of cars being investigated.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:04:36 PM by Rory »

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2015, 11:12:55 PM »
I will be interested to see the reliability of the 3 cylinder engines as used in the Toyota Aygo, Citroen C1 and quite a few others, possibly not the Ford.

My kids had cars with 3cyl engines from VW and Mitsubishi.  The Mitsubishi, particularly, was a lovely engine - felt unburstable.  The VW one wasn't great around town, but was fine on the open road.

Ford has had a bit of an issue with their engines dropping their coolant and seizing - they've done a mod to hopefully fix it, but the engines contain so little water that they overheat almost instantly. 

Tags:

anything