Author Topic: Another "Which" 1st for the Jazz.  (Read 27226 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Another "Which" 1st for the Jazz.
« on: January 19, 2024, 11:53:23 AM »
Just got my Which 2024 Car Buyers Guide. Once again the Jazz tops the small car category and the Jazz also features well in the best small used cars category. Some feeling that the Cross Star is the better of the 2 Jazz models.

Nice to know that whatever Jazz you have, you've made a sound choice but most of us knew that anyway!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Another "Which" 1st for the Jazz.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 12:11:07 PM »
I also agree

Even though it's a small car compared to what I've had in over 50 years of motoring it's the most pleasant quiet drive of them all

Other contenders were a 2.0 auto Citroen Xantia Exec
Lexus IS200 auto
3.0 Ford Granada Ghia 2 door coupe auto
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 02:18:12 PM »
It is funny the term 'small car'. Previously I had 3 Renault Capturs, but the Jazz is spacier and more comfortable with that space too. Granted the boot is a tad smaller, but the Jazz makes up for it with the magic seats.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 11:46:40 AM »
Not sure if this article relates to something already mentioned, but FWIW

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/britain-s-most-and-least-reliable-used-cars-revealed-the-three-models-with-flawless-track-records-and-the-expensive-suvs-bringing-up-the-rear/ar-AA1d2nu5

"The three cars with flawless records
In terms of specific models, three cars achieved a perfect 100 per cent rating: the Honda Jazz (2015-2020), the Kia Niro Hybrid (2016-2022) and the Kia Soul (2014-2019).

In contrast, the lowest reliability score went to Land Rover Discovery (2004-2017), as its 47.8 per cent rating - the lowest of all - suggests the 4X4 is causing a few headaches for owners....."

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 12:02:09 PM »
Best small car according to What Car Awards Jan 2024 is Renault Clio, here's what they say about the Jazz:
"the Clio undercuts most of its rivals on price- particularly the Jazz, our previous class favourite, which remains a fine car but is hindered by the fact that it's now very expensive to buy by class standards"

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 03:37:56 PM »
In contrast, the lowest reliability score went to Land Rover Discovery (2004-2017), as its 47.8 per cent rating - the lowest of all - suggests the 4X4 is causing a few headaches for owners....."

Also the most stolen, because of demand but also because it's so easy to steal.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 04:11:31 PM »
Yep

Landy Discovery, based in London .......

"Sorry, we can't quote for insurance"

Marmoset

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 2020
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 09:51:47 AM »
Best small car according to What Car Awards Jan 2024 is Renault Clio, here's what they say about the Jazz:
"the Clio undercuts most of its rivals on price- particularly the Jazz, our previous class favourite, which remains a fine car but is hindered by the fact that it's now very expensive to buy by class standards"
It's worth noting that the article compares the petrol Clio with the hybrid Jazz.  It would have been better for them to have compared the more expensive hybrid version of the Clio. (The Alpine Esprit looks quite interesting with very good fuel economy and a 2-electric motors + ICE set up, seemingly similar to the hybrid Jazz.)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 10:02:59 AM »
Which? have a habit of not comparing like for like

Take their washing machine reviews and best buys - of course a £1,200 Miele washing machine will rate higher than a £400 Bosch, which in my experience of Bosch washing machines is unfair

You have to read their reviews with your eyes wide open

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 11:39:06 AM »
"Bang for Buck"  has its place but sometime I'm prepared to pay a bit extra for some  icing on the cake.  But not paying silly money just for the name, unless its justified. 

Honda seem to be adopting the policy of charging a premium price in the hope  it will make the brand more exclusive .   Its our own fault. We have been saying too many nice things about the mk4 . ;D  Honda should use the good reviews to increase sales, not the price.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2024, 12:31:05 PM »
I think you are right if they want to have the production available and increase sales in the uk. It seems now like they wish to be a niche player with the most advanced tech, for which customers will pay a premium price. What is often overlooked is that Honda as a brand is into so many other different markets with their products. Cars are just one. They will balance the return they can achieve against the volume and ultimately the investment they are prepared to put into car manufacturing, which you may note has reduced since they closed car factories.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2024, 02:45:27 PM »
It's worth noting that the article compares the petrol Clio with the hybrid Jazz.  It would have been better for them to have compared the more expensive hybrid version of the Clio. (The Alpine Esprit looks quite interesting with very good fuel economy and a 2-electric motors + ICE set up, seemingly similar to the hybrid Jazz.)

Having had all Renaults previous to the Jazz, I wanted to look at the Alpine... but for love nor money I couldn't get one for a test drive. My dealer said there was only 2 demo vehicles available at the time between all branches (Right car) and they were having trouble getting one. I noted that at the time, some reviews put the Clio better than the Jazz. I had narrowed it down to the Toyota Yaris, Honda Jazz and the Clio (out of brand loyalty, as I was determined to go hybrid. I will never know how the Clio compared, but I don't regret buying the Jazz.

pete-preston

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz hybrid ex i-hmmd
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2024, 03:05:45 PM »
Hi
Am very happy with my Mk 4 Jazz after almost 12.000 miles trouble free motoring ,so  was a bit worried by 5th Civics comment about  about them ( being easy to steal)
Can you please explain how ??
It's not that I intend  to steal one honest, but to try and protect mine.   
Thanks

TonyH

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2024, 04:05:47 PM »
He's on about Land Rovers, Range Rovers etc

Marmoset

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 2020
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2024, 05:10:46 PM »

Having had all Renaults previous to the Jazz, I wanted to look at the Alpine... but for love nor money I couldn't get one for a test drive. My dealer said there was only 2 demo vehicles available at the time between all branches (Right car) and they were having trouble getting one. I noted that at the time, some reviews put the Clio better than the Jazz. I had narrowed it down to the Toyota Yaris, Honda Jazz and the Clio (out of brand loyalty, as I was determined to go hybrid. I will never know how the Clio compared, but I don't regret buying the Jazz.
I'm very happy with the Jazz but the Clio Alpine Esprit looks like it could be a worthy rival.  Perhaps not so good at using practical space (lowish roof for rear passengers, big lip on the boot) and not such a good rear view.  The quoted MPG though is higher than the Jazz.  I see your average MPG, like mine, is at 70, higher than the quoted figure from Honda. It might be that the Clio will reward light-footed drivers with even better than 70mpg.

Tags: