Author Topic: Buying advice: ES vs EX spec?  (Read 22950 times)

guest3250

Re: Buying advice: ES vs EX spec?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 05:26:32 PM »
Dont forget, it's not just tyre sizes that increase consumption, it's the gadgets, the more poer you use, the more your alternator resistance increases to charge the battery.

I find that switching off the auto headlights and auto wipers helps as they are always 'looking' for darkness or rain, also, drive with the window cracked open rather than air con on in summer.

Mine is an EXT with built in phone and satnav by the way, and the hard disk is nearly always powered up.

Still think it's an ace car though!!
Absolutely - I tend to drive mine pretty normally - aware of what consumes more fuel - but not hanging around at the same time. The ride is marginally better with the 195's on the 16" wheels and the speedo is still fine - handling appears completely fine too. I expect it is better with the 15's as there is a deeper layer of rubber cushioning the ride
Still - the handling is fairly presise with the 16" wheels and I feel safe driving it.

guest3469

Re: Buying advice: ES vs EX spec?
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »
Ive an ES which is a great car, have had previous Hondas with EX spec, and miss them every day :-( .  Couldnt afford an ES at the time, but itll be an EX next time :-)

Tags: