Author Topic: Folding / non-folding wing mirrors  (Read 2054 times)

guest4861

Folding / non-folding wing mirrors
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:42:35 AM »
Hi,

I have a 2005 1.4 Manual Jazz with folding wing mirrors.

Well, a folding driver's side mirror and a broken passenger side one held on with duct tape following an incident involving sat nav, an unsuitable for motor vehicles alleyway and some trees!

Money is tight at the moment, and replacement non-folding mirrors are about 50 quid cheaper than folding ones and I never use the folding function.

Would it be possible to replace the broken passenger side mirror with a non-folding one and keep the original folding driver's side unit? Are the connectors compatible and will the indicator and electric mirror functionality still work or do I need to fork out for the folding version?

Apologies if this has been asked before - forum newbie - I couldn't find anything with the search function!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Linus

guest4078

• Topic Starter
Re: Folding / non-folding wing mirrors
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 06:39:10 PM »
I think the 'manual' folding mirrors are all black plastic, not body coloured, and maybe a slightly different shape.
Try a scrap yard or auction site.
The door card comes off quite easily, 1 screw for door handle then 3 for the armrest, then plastic locks around the bottom and sides of the card. Be firm but gentle.
I think the mirror assembly is held on with 3 bolts, front one under a cap. The connectors look the same, but can't say for the wiring.

Tags: