Author Topic: This is probably a stupid question...........but.......  (Read 3212 times)

guest1946

This is probably a stupid question...........but.......
« on: February 18, 2011, 11:01:53 PM »
The wife has decided that we should buy a Jazz, and I was wondering if it's possible to squeeze an S2000 or Civic R engine into one?

.......I thought it was a stupid question!

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz EX CVT

guest1946

• Topic Starter
Re: This is probably a stupid question...........but.......
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:28:53 AM »
Wow!  So it is possible, and it seems that it's just a matter of having the money and patience to do it.
 8) 8)

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »
Yep anything is possible when it comes to car building (V8 in a Reliant Kitten for example). Dedication is the key factor, starting and having the dedication to keep going for months and nearly always years to finish. Money is rarely an issue, you make other sacrifices to get the money. People complain about lack of time, again you make other sacrifices..........

If you are keen, do the research (which is so much easier now with the internet), get all the parts, plan it out and get going. If you cant weld for example then learn as you go. I had never done carbon fibre so borrowed a few books from the library and got on with it.

I would love a Type R Jazz and is something that has been going around in my head. The car just needs more power and better handeling balance. Though I feel it would be easier to import one of the 1500 VTecs from around the world.

guest1513

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 12:00:59 PM »
There's an RS Jazz on sale in the JDM, but there seems no will to bring it here (or even build it here!). No wonder the average Jazz owner is 63!  BTW, I'm not having a dig at the elderly.  Next year I'm an OAP myself.  But not decrepit yet:)

guest1897

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »
 :o

Why am I thinking that your wife will not be expecting a Jazz type 'R'
You will not be improving your carbon footprint, or insurance group Sir !

But what the hell !!!!

On the other hand..................why not just buy a civ TypeR.
That way you won't loose any value on buying a Jazz, and gain a nice car to drive.

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
:o

On the other hand..................why not just buy a civ TypeR.
That way you won't loose any value on buying a Jazz, and gain a nice car to drive.

I agree with gadgit, as a previous owner of 2 modified cars and one with an engine swap, you really don't get your money back on things like this. Gerry has his own garage and all the contacts to get the right stuff, so for him, its financially feasible.

If I was you, I would get a nice EP3 then put a jackson racing supercharger on it, more than enough power, and would kill a K20 Jazz at half the price!

Good luck with what ever you choose :)

Tags:

anything