Author Topic: Passenger side mirror body replacement  (Read 704 times)

motymotz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2007
Passenger side mirror body replacement
« on: October 16, 2023, 01:47:01 AM »
Hello,

Bought a second hand 2007 Jazz but it has a cracked passenger side mirror which I am having trouble finding spare parts with. Would anyone know a reliable place to find them as I've tried ebay and facebook so far but no luck.
Many thanks!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Passenger side mirror body replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 07:22:04 AM »
I dont think Jazz are sold in large enough numbers in the UK for anyone to stock new after market mirror bodies. Especially passenger side.   Even when they are available for a common car  you often  need to spray it to body colour, or pay them to do it.  Jazz ones may be sold in the far east. 

Your  best bet might be a used mirror from a scrap yard.  You may not find anyone has actually  removed a jazz mirror and listed it for sale on line. But there will be a number of Jazz in scrapyards throughout the country who will be happy to sell its mirror if you enquire.   

There are several 'used part finder' web sites.  You enter the part you need and various scrap dealers will e mail you with their price.  Its free and no obligation.     

Bear in mind you might need to pay the price for a whole mirror because  removing one part leaves the rest unsaleable,Also the labour needed  to remove the part and postage will be a factor.  But as the demand for drivers door mirrors is greater they may sell a passenger door one cheaper.

If anyone breaks just the glass of the mirror  you can buy stick on mirror glasses that you glue on top of the broken one.   If you cant find a custom fit there are universal sizes that may be a close enough fit.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 07:34:14 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 08:25:44 AM »
Try your local breakers yard, you may be able to negotiate for a complete unit.
Failing that search for replacement glass slightly smaller and attach until another pops up on eBay.

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 02:03:29 PM »
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 02:09:54 PM by Mr Onion »

Tags:

anything