Author Topic: Jack Points  (Read 2295 times)

saileshj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz E-HEV Luxe
Jack Points
« on: October 31, 2023, 07:05:07 AM »
I don't know if this has been asked before but does anyone know where are the jack points on the MK4 model? I want to lift the car using a floor jack.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.41
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Re: Jack Points
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 07:57:03 AM »
I think all Hondas the same, I use trolley jack with thick rubber pad with groove - bought online. see attached for point locations.
The dark bit shown is a re-inforced lip with bend turned inwards.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 08:02:09 AM by aphybrid »

aphybrid

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 12:35:49 PM »
Further to above, as it happens car had 2nd year service yesterday and I swapped wheels around for tread wear purposes. Attached photos of the jack points, with jack rubber (very hard - used hockey puck before) and raised.
I have noted on a few of my Hondas that the rear jack points seem to be a bit thicker and the slot in the rubber has to be well positioned to ensure it 'snaps' into place

saileshj

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 04:18:26 PM »
Thanks a lot! However I want to raise it and put it on a jack stand while doing an oil change.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 05:05:27 PM »
I would use jack stands under other suitable part of chassis or suspension part to back up the trolley jack.

If not then a set of ramps with the rear wheels blocked is a better option.

I no longer do oil changes because of low mileage but latterly when doing them I used a Sealey oil extractor - pipe pushed via the dipstick, at half way between services with no filter change (car being driven energetically) - photo attached of oil from Accord 2ltr engine, other photo shows oil drained from sump after suction pump - car  on 10deg slope ramps with drain plug at rear and extended drain time.
Good method that removes just about all the oil, good for changes mid way between services.

saileshj

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 05:01:12 AM »
Thanks for all these information mate. Really appreciate it!

I would use jack stands under other suitable part of chassis or suspension part to back up the trolley jack.

If not then a set of ramps with the rear wheels blocked is a better option.

I no longer do oil changes because of low mileage but latterly when doing them I used a Sealey oil extractor - pipe pushed via the dipstick, at half way between services with no filter change (car being driven energetically) - photo attached of oil from Accord 2ltr engine, other photo shows oil drained from sump after suction pump - car  on 10deg slope ramps with drain plug at rear and extended drain time.
Good method that removes just about all the oil, good for changes mid way between services.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 06:51:58 AM »
Note also, the sump drain after suction was with the car on ramps so suction pipe woulf not have been able to get most of that oil out, with car horizontal the suction pump pipe hits bottom of the sump which would leave tiny amount of "dirty" oil.

Tags:

anything