Author Topic: Door bump strips.  (Read 10436 times)

Geoffers

Re: Door bump strips.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 11:26:36 PM »
Two-ish months on.

Having been in temps of 30+C, heavy rain and, on the snow line in the Pyrenees, together with the general dirty English weather, I have to say that they still look as good as the day I fitted them!

guest809

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 08:36:05 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I too will be looking into these.

Our car picked up a "Tesco ding" last weekend. It really drives me mad when you try to look after the car and then some so and so dents your door and just jumps in their car & drives off. Says something about society and respect for other people's property I suppose.

But to be honest, I think Honda have to share some of the blame. Still upset by the new addition to our driver's door this week I have been more aware of how few cars these days are produced without rubbing strips. Yes, I know they offered those horrible fat options in matt black but surely they could have done better, AND colour coded them to match the paintwork.

What is more worrying is that I saw a new GE this week which also does not appear to have any strips on the doors and it is one factor which will put me off rushing to change the car for a new Jazz any time soon.

guest593

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 08:47:58 PM »
Thanks for the report, look forward to the next 1

guest593

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »
Two-ish months on.

Having been in temps of 30+C, heavy rain and, on the snow line in the Pyrenees, together with the general dirty English weather, I have to say that they still look as good as the day I fitted them!

How are they looking now?

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 06:00:44 PM »
That car has now been replaced with a new GE model. I've fitted Polish bump strips this one too!

Tags: