Author Topic: CVT box oil change - quantity  (Read 11853 times)

guest6858

CVT box oil change - quantity
« on: May 08, 2017, 02:30:02 PM »
Hi all, im new to the forum so hi. I have a 2007 jazz cvt which was my mothers and was developing the gearbox judder, its at 50k and only had 1 gearbox oil change. I have read everywhere including the manual in the car that a gearbox oil change is 3.2 litres. I have removed the drain plug today and 3.8 litres of fluid came out. I noted that the old bottle of cvt fluid which i have has around 200mls left in it, so im sure 3.8 litres was put in last time from the 4l bottle. I have a fresh bottle of cvt fluid and have put 3.2 litres in. I am having trouble getting an accurate reading on the gearbox oil dipstick despite trying a few times, there doesnt seem to be a definate tide mark on it. The judder seems to have gone but im woried about running it without enough fluid in it. My question being, if the box was overfilled last time with 3.8 litres is this why this amount came out? If anyone can shed any light on this i would be most grateful, many thanks!

guest6133

• Topic Starter
Re: CVT box oil change - quantity
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »
My 2002 car accepted most of the 3.5 litres in Honda CVTF container.
Car had new pack at about 52000km, trace of shudder at 88000, simple fluid cahnge with no slipping ritual countered. OK still at 93000.

Tags: