Author Topic: Handbrake failure  (Read 13837 times)

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
Re: Handbrake failure
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »
Glyn Hopkin Chelmsford is where I bought my car. I noticed you need a lot of force to pull up the handbrake to hold the car on a steep hill, but they tested and found it OK.
I think I may have got used to it now, haven't had any really steep hills to test it on, the rest of the car is OK ,I just think the handbrake is rubbish-- any car where  you have to have specific instructions on how to use the handbrake obviously has some sort of problem.
Let us know how you got on.

guest907

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 06:11:59 PM »
I have the footbrake applied before pulling up the handbrake. No problems and my drive at the house is a hill.

guest3775

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 10:28:12 AM »
[on my 2012        EX CVT even though I always use the brake pedal hard before pullingnup the handbrake the car still moves forward a small amount  if parked on a shallow slope. the handbrake is not good.b]
 :-[
[/b]

eagle123

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 se gd series
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 03:17:37 PM »
I had a previous 2003 gd series jazz, that had drum brakes at the back and  front disks, no problem with the handbrake, after keeping the car for 3 years exchanged it for a 2008 gd series jazz, the brakes are now all disks, the handbrakes needs a bit more effort to secure it, as I live on a steep road, my guess is that when driving the discs get warm, and expands, so therefore you need to pull the handbrake harder, applying the footbrake first helps in reducing the effort required.

guest2662

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »
drum brakes on the rear are much better for a handbreak, years ago I allways had a handbreak that would lock the wheels and skid if pulled hard enough .good if footbrake fails as happened to me once.

bill ericay

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 06:37:26 PM »
Boatman, has the dealer looked at your handbrake yet, and did they find anything wrong ?

guest2662

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »
not got round to it, not been to well had a breakdown with my partner its hit me hard, nt given the car much thought since.

Tags:

anything