Author Topic: Is this a reasonable deal.....?  (Read 2576 times)

guest3909

Is this a reasonable deal.....?
« on: March 07, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
Hello all - first time poster!

I am interested in getting this  Jazz from a main dealer - a Crown Honda:Honda Jazz 1.4i-DSI ( sr ) CVT-7 SE - automatic.

It was registered 1/3/08 - so 5 years  old.

Ticket price is £7,495,but after haggling, it will be £6872 plus a service, year's warranty and MOT. Mileage is £29,000.

what does anybody think - is this a very high price or is it average and worth it from a main dealer?

Thank you very much :) :D

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Re: Is this a reasonable deal.....?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »
You have posted this in the GE section of the Jazz  forums, but at that date, if it really is a CVT, it must be the older GD model. The GE range didn't have CVT until 2011. The other possiblity is that you are looking at an i-shift automatic GE, not a CVT. If you like the i-Shift fine, I couldn't stand it.

Assuming it is a GD CVT, my initial reaction is that that the price is too high, even allowing for Main Dealer etc.

I bought a 58 plate Jazz GD 1.4 CVT7 first reg 01/09/2008, mileage 29,000, last July from a Honda Main Dealer with Honda warranty for one year, service and MOT. I paid £6,945 which I thought was at the upper extreme.

So, eight months later than me you are paying only a little less than me for a six month older copy of the same car.

This model is not rare so I think you should be able to do better.

Only caveat to what I have said is that I am not sure what a "Crown" Honda is (dealer's name?), and that mine is an SE spec. I think you are saying yours in an SR spec, which isn't mentioned in the brochure I have. Maybe SR spec is worth a lot more? EDIT I see yours is an SE as well.

You might want to try and repost in the GD section, or maybe the mods will do it for you.

FWIW the Jazz I am talking about above is my wife's....I have a Jazz GE which I like a LOT more!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:58:23 PM by mikebore »

guest3909

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:08:42 PM »
thanks!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:43:56 PM »
Sounds like an SE with the optional electric sunroof ('SR'). Parkers website list models with the sunroof as an individual model so presumably they are worth more than without. I think it was about £400 extra and I doubt it will retain that much second hand.

Twin_Cam_Turbo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Honda Jazz sport
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »
So did you buy it?
We bought our 57 plate jazz sport se with 36k on the clock for £5,400 which included a service, mot and 6 month warranty. That was an independent dealer and car is immaculate. I'd suggest you don't part with more than £6k for this car.

Tags: