Author Topic: amount of petrol left?  (Read 5256 times)

guest1168

amount of petrol left?
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
When my jazz is running low on petrol, the warning light is coming on with about 50 km left. Then I drive a bit more until there is supposed to be 10 km left. Then when I am filling it up, I can only tank 32 liter. As I remember the Jazz tank has 42 liter. What goes wrong... Is there  a lot more petrol left, even it should be runing empty? The petrol needle is by the way pointing exactly at "E". Can it go lower?
I am asking because it would be nice to know how worried I should be when I am running low on my daily 100km trips.

guest1214

• Topic Starter
Re: amount of petrol left?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:27:39 PM »
I ran it down to 2 miles left according to the computer (not intentionally) but I could only filled up 32 liters max.  The trouble is that I don't dare to carry on further below 0m!  Would be nice to know anyone else managed a lot more miles or filled up more than 32 liters in a tank.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
i have the same problem .... grrrr....my honda dealer didn't do nothing about it. i wrote to honda europe which is in uk but got no reply.

http://clubjazz.org/forum/jazz-ge-2009/jazz-computer-problem/

100+1 HP

guest1168

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:16:26 PM »
Called Honda Denmark today. They are awere of the problem and has contacted Honda. I dont know if the will come up with a solution, but they will contact me when they hear from Japan. (They said..)

eljuero

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 07:29:57 AM »
Called Honda Denmark today. They are awere of the problem and has contacted Honda. I dont know if the will come up with a solution, but they will contact me when they hear from Japan. (They said..)

Finally some progress  ;D ... Please let me (us) know about official Honda reply ... i have a regular service on thursday and i will tell them they have no balls  :D
100+1 HP

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:57:30 AM »
I've driven around when my trip meter is showing 0 miles left and still drove around for a good 10 miles before filling up.

However, when filling up, I could only managed to put in 34litres of petrol so theres still plenty left lol

However, i wouldnt push your luck too much- better to be safe than sorry  :P

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »
The dealer said that the GE Jazz has an "emergency reserve" of about 2 gallons (9 litres). I presume this is due to the unusual shape of the petrol tank. I seem to remember it being mentioned in the car's manual, too.

On the test drive, I did about 30 miles with the car showing empty.

guest1160

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
I actually ran out of petrol the other week >:( after doing a good 40 miles below 0miles, I can't be to sure as to the exact miles covered as didn't notice we it went to 0.  Certainly don't intend to do that again, I was lucky near a petrol station when it happened

eljuero

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 04:59:45 PM »
i drove over 100 km after car computer showing empty and still 4 litres petrol left in the tank. The most i fuel up was 40 litres (out of 42) till now.
100+1 HP

guest1253

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »
A month after picking mine up I had this problem too, on the way to Scotland was down to 1 mile on the computer but I could only put 32 litres in I just fill up after 300 miles now.   

Tags: