Author Topic: 2017 Prefacelift to 2019 facelift Anyone switched ?  (Read 2134 times)

jasonevans

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 183
  • Country: gb
  • 1 Jazz and 1 Civic Type R - Life is good :-)
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz E:Hev
2017 Prefacelift to 2019 facelift Anyone switched ?
« on: October 16, 2024, 01:43:15 PM »
I was just wondering has anyone gone from a prefacelift to facelift Jazz.

I hear the supsension was reconfigured and some extrs sound deadening improvments were added etc and wondered how diferent the ride quality was.

Marco1979

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 495
  • Country: nl
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Civic e:hev elegance 2024
Re: 2017 Prefacelift to 2019 facelift Anyone switched ?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2024, 09:03:56 PM »
I went from a 2017 1.3 to a 2019 1.5. The engine difference is huge, but I did not notice much difference in the rest of the package. Only very minor.

jazzaro

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 860
  • Country: it
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: 2017 Prefacelift to 2019 facelift Anyone switched ?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2024, 09:21:58 PM »
I was just wondering has anyone gone from a prefacelift to facelift Jazz.

I hear the supsension was reconfigured and some extrs sound deadening improvments were added etc and wondered how diferent the ride quality was.
Suspension are the same for all EU Jazz from 2015 to 2020, 1.3 and 1.5, so ride quality has not changed.
Bumpers, paint, 1.5 engine added and led headlights for sport and EX trim are the only modifications.

Westy36

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1774
  • Country: gb
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver.
Re: 2017 Prefacelift to 2019 facelift Anyone switched ?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2024, 09:56:54 AM »
Suspension are the same for all EU Jazz from 2015 to 2020, 1.3 and 1.5, so ride quality has not changed.
Bumpers, paint, 1.5 engine added and led headlights for sport and EX trim are the only modifications.
I'd always assumed the Sport had different suspension, so thanks for the info, good to know.  :D I've had a quick look at Honest John and Parkers re specs, and indeed the only differences mentioned beyond engine are cosmetic.

The book quotes 0-60 of 8.4 seconds and 128 BHP. When I started driving in 1989, those were hot hatch performance figuers that were way beyond my means and certainly new driver abilities!   8)

Lord Voltermore

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3265
  • Country: gb
  • Fuel economy: 66.6 mpg
  • My Honda: 2024 advance
Re: 2017 Prefacelift to 2019 facelift Anyone switched ?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2024, 11:23:23 AM »

The book quotes 0-60 of 8.4 seconds and 128 BHP. When I started driving in 1989, those were hot hatch performance figuers that were way beyond my means and certainly new driver abilities!   8)

30 to 50 mph time  is a much better guide  to driveability  IMO.  0-100 KPH (0-62mph) gives some indication  but is often dependent on how well the cars gearing suits the sprint.     I'm not  a boy racer  but would  be reluctant to buy a car with more  than 12 seconds 0-62,  preferably sub 10.

When I have regretted buying a car it was almost always  because it lacked power because I had made  the wrong engine choice.  (8 valve Clio instead 16 valve  for instance ) A better engine can transform what is otherwise the same car.    I loved my 1.4 diesel Yaris. Nippy, great mid range torque.I kept it 14 years.   I once hired a 1.0 litre petrol Yaris on Holiday.  I hated it.
My IQ test came back negative

jazzaro

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 860
  • Country: it
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: 2017 Prefacelift to 2019 facelift Anyone switched ?
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2024, 03:46:39 PM »
Suspension are the same for all EU Jazz from 2015 to 2020, 1.3 and 1.5, so ride quality has not changed.
Bumpers, paint, 1.5 engine added and led headlights for sport and EX trim are the only modifications.
I'd always assumed the Sport had different suspension, so thanks for the info, good to know.  :D
I've checked spare part codes about springs and shock adsorbers of my 1.3 Elegance (the italian EX) and they are the same of the 1.5 Sport. The 1.5 engine is a L series as the 1.3, so also the weight on the front axle should be moreorless the same.
There are a lot of differences between european and USDM Jazz/Fit, body structures (beams behind bumpers), airbags, softer suspensions, headlights and instrument panel.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2024, 03:50:20 PM by jazzaro »

Tags:
 

anything
Back to top