Author Topic: Sump Oil Leak  (Read 2452 times)

jazzphil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GE
Sump Oil Leak
« on: January 16, 2024, 08:51:38 AM »
Just done an oil change and noticed a weep from the oil sensor unit that locates in the sump.  Anyone know if there is a gasket or o-ring available separately for this?  And if so, what the part number is?   Don't really want to buy a whole new unit at Honda prices!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 10:20:34 AM by jazzphil »

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Sump Oil Leak
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 08:29:27 PM »
Do you mean the oil pressure switch? If so, this is sealed with liquid gasket according to the manual. Remove, clean and reseal is what I would do.

It's listed in the manual under Engine-Lubrication System.

https://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html

HTH

jazzphil

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 11:00:32 AM »
Thanks Westy but no, I don't mean the pressure switch.  I'm talking about the oil sensor that inserts into the base of the sump. A bit like this:

https://www.eurocarparts.com/search/46844031s?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAkp6tBhB5EiwANTCx1KPbqIJRSmEekoCcbhN44zM0tSzEgVdramLGVUfHqyGaz1fcRHrB9BoC-6YQAvD_BwE

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 11:30:45 AM »
I see the kind of thing you mean. I can't find it in the manual though and not something Cox Honda list on their website.

Having had a google about, I can find an aftermarket oil level sensor for c£40, but not the gasket on its own. Seems gaskets are available for other car brands made by Elring (their catalogue is trade only login to search) for <£5, so presumably if you can match the size? I think I'd call my local Honda dealer and see if they can sell you just the gasket.

The ever helpful Autodoc website doesn't list the gasket/seal on its own either. Call Honda, or buy aftermarket is what I would do.

That said, it might be worth taking the sensor off at next oil change. Cleaning the surfaces and refitting?

HTH

jazzphil

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 04:20:37 PM »
Thank you.  Yes that's the way I'm thinking...perhaps with a sparing application of sealant.

Tags: