Author Topic: B mode driving  (Read 8486 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: B mode driving
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2023, 01:41:56 PM »
I use B mode 90% of the time but I do do a lot of urban type driving. I love it. Longer motorway journeys I use D.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2023, 02:25:16 PM »
I use B all the time* motorways as well.

*(except when parked or going backwards)

Let's be careful out there !

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 04:31:29 PM »
Tell you when I use B,  apart from down hills and town driving.

You are bowling along the motorway, in D, at 65 mph, and you want the next exit. If you wanted to leave at 50 mph, the BMW/AUDI in your rear view mirror, would be pushing you along, or making an overtake manoeuvre, even though he will have to slow down or stop, in 70 yards, at the oncoming roundabout.
So, I exit at 60mph, and leave my slowing down, until much later. Then for the last 40 yards or so, I pull the lever back into B, and have the pleasure of seeing my battery meter, going from 5 notches, to 8. And all without giving the game away with brake lights!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2023, 05:30:37 AM »
In B mode and with my anticipation style of driving I'm sure drivers behind think I've got no brake lights :)
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2023, 09:34:19 AM »
Tell you when I use B,  apart from down hills and town driving.

You are bowling along the motorway, in D, at 65 mph, and you want the next exit. If you wanted to leave at 50 mph, the BMW/AUDI in your rear view mirror, would be pushing you along, or making an overtake manoeuvre, even though he will have to slow down or stop, in 70 yards, at the oncoming roundabout.
So, I exit at 60mph, and leave my slowing down, until much later. Then for the last 40 yards or so, I pull the lever back into B, and have the pleasure of seeing my battery meter, going from 5 notches, to 8. And all without giving the game away with brake lights!
I stay in D in these circumstances.    There are very few motorway off-ramps where I would even consider exiting at only 50 mph ., It would either be 60+ mph initially  or the speed dictated by other traffic. I brake conventionally in a predictable way  .   I'd rather forgo a few free battery bars   than have a BMW up my tail pipe  and take him by surprise by stopping without brake lights.  It also has the benefit of clearing away any disc rusting that might have built up due to lack of use. 
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

pasqui

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar 2022
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2023, 12:36:04 PM »
Actually B does not impose any slow down, it just helps if you want to.
For me, B saves energy, that means fuel, brakes and environment, I don't find any advantage with D.
And the D sailing effect does not help stability.
Of course, the choice is personal.

Tags:

anything