Author Topic: Apple CarPlay or Mirroring for Mk3?  (Read 853 times)

gryfon

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk3
Apple CarPlay or Mirroring for Mk3?
« on: March 21, 2022, 10:53:45 PM »
About to take ownership of a 2017 Jazz MK3 EX Nav. I understand the entertainment system is an older version Android. I’m also a big fan of TomTom on iOS, use it on my iPhone all the time. Is there any way to get screen mirrored on the in-car screen, or to get CarPlay to work with it?  I’ll take delivery next week.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Apple CarPlay or Mirroring for Mk3?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 11:04:15 PM »
The screen mirroring on the Mk3 is something called MirrorLink. Old tech even when the car was launched in 2015. Try searching the forum for that term. I don't think anyone reported getting it to work, best guess was that the version on the car isn't compatible with the version installed on most phones.

gryfon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk3
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 08:02:25 PM »
Thank you for the info.  If I have any success, I’ll be sure to post here.

The screen mirroring on the Mk3 is something called MirrorLink. Old tech even when the car was launched in 2015. Try searching the forum for that term. I don't think anyone reported getting it to work, best guess was that the version on the car isn't compatible with the version installed on most phones.

guest9236

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 06:16:11 AM »
Forget it you are backing a loser this so called infotainment system is an absolute useless waste of space.
Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.

Tags:

anything