Author Topic: Baby Seat in 2014 Jazz  (Read 1529 times)

SteveOne

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz ES+ CVT
Baby Seat in 2014 Jazz
« on: August 19, 2019, 11:55:43 AM »
Hello All.  We are grandparents and are looking for a child seat for my 2014 Jazz ES+.  The baby is now 4 months old and the seat will be occasional use only and does not need to fit any other car. I'm only interested in Isofix seats.  I'm surprised that there isn't any information in the forum about baby seats - does that mean there's no problems, and I can just choose any ?
I did think that the magic seats might be a problem as there is nothing under of the seat squab, so some of the fixings that go down to the floor might be able to rotate backwards.  Is there any attachment in the Jazz for a top-level strap in addition to the Isofix (I guess this isn't required when the seat is rear-facing) ?
Any recommendations especially suitable for the Jazz Mk2 ?

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
Re: Baby Seat in 2014 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 01:07:17 PM »
I will check with my son - although his daughter is 3 and a half years old they have a car seat and his car is a 61 plate Jazz.

Steve

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
Re: Baby Seat in 2014 Jazz
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 04:45:10 PM »
Daughter and her husband have several different seats in their mkII Jazzs, including a rather large rotatable Recaro Zero1.

I seem to recall that Jazz wasn't listed on quite a few seats and daughter is pretty cautious about these things, but I think it's just a matter of trying them and making sure it fits OK - ie on the Recaro, that the leg reaches the floor etc, although that one is listed for Jazz.

I'm aware of the top level fixing, but have never seen a seat with it - none of ours do, and that's amongst both daughters and our own.

Tags: