Clubjazz - Honda Jazz & HR-V Forums

Honda Jazz Forums => Honda Jazz Mk3 2015-2020 => Topic started by: Pix001 on October 11, 2024, 04:47:08 PM

Title: Do I have carplay
Post by: Pix001 on October 11, 2024, 04:47:08 PM
First time on here! I have just purchased 2019 jazz ex navi. Can anyone tell me whether this model has CarPlay or not. If so, can I use it with apple iPhone 11.
Many thank and probably a lot more questions to come.
Title: Re: Do I have carplay
Post by: Steve_M on October 11, 2024, 05:13:12 PM
No, it does not have Apple CarPlay.
Title: Re: Do I have carplay
Post by: Pix001 on October 12, 2024, 06:04:24 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Is it possible to get it fitted?
Title: Re: Do I have carplay
Post by: zesty_bum on October 12, 2024, 07:07:56 PM
Yes it is. After months of deliberating I had the Kenwood DMX7722DABS installed.

CarPlay in it has been excellent so far  :)
Title: Re: Do I have carplay
Post by: Pix001 on October 14, 2024, 11:40:56 AM
Thanks for the reply, does everything work the same afterwards e.g. steering wheel controls & reverse camera. Also what would be a ballpark cost for purchasing and fitting. Many thanks
Title: Re: Do I have carplay
Post by: zesty_bum on October 18, 2024, 09:05:10 PM
Thanks for the reply, does everything work the same afterwards e.g. steering wheel controls & reverse camera. Also what would be a ballpark cost for purchasing and fitting. Many thanks

I hadn’t really tested the stock head unit because it was so bad. But steering wheel controls work fine.. I’ve been using volume +/- and next/prev track. Is there a specific steering wheel control you wanted to ask about?

Trip information is not displayed on the Kenwood.

I don’t have a reverse camera.

I’d say budget around 600-700 for everything (including the fitting kit which you need to purchase yourself).

It is on the pricey side but I’m enjoying having a good music/nav experience with no more windscreen obstructions  ;D