Author Topic: Do I have carplay  (Read 2794 times)

Pix001

  • New Member
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Honda jazz ex navi 2019
Do I have carplay
« on: October 11, 2024, 04:47:08 PM »
First time on here! I have just purchased 2019 jazz ex navi. Can anyone tell me whether this model has CarPlay or not. If so, can I use it with apple iPhone 11.
Many thank and probably a lot more questions to come.

Steve_M

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 648
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Do I have carplay
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2024, 05:13:12 PM »
No, it does not have Apple CarPlay.

Pix001

  • Topic Starter
  • New Member
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Honda jazz ex navi 2019
Re: Do I have carplay
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2024, 06:04:24 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Is it possible to get it fitted?

zesty_bum

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 89
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Do I have carplay
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2024, 07:07:56 PM »
Yes it is. After months of deliberating I had the Kenwood DMX7722DABS installed.

CarPlay in it has been excellent so far  :)

Pix001

  • Topic Starter
  • New Member
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Honda jazz ex navi 2019
Re: Do I have carplay
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2024, 11:40:56 AM »
Thanks for the reply, does everything work the same afterwards e.g. steering wheel controls & reverse camera. Also what would be a ballpark cost for purchasing and fitting. Many thanks

zesty_bum

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 89
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Do I have carplay
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2024, 09:05:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply, does everything work the same afterwards e.g. steering wheel controls & reverse camera. Also what would be a ballpark cost for purchasing and fitting. Many thanks

I hadn’t really tested the stock head unit because it was so bad. But steering wheel controls work fine.. I’ve been using volume +/- and next/prev track. Is there a specific steering wheel control you wanted to ask about?

Trip information is not displayed on the Kenwood.

I don’t have a reverse camera.

I’d say budget around 600-700 for everything (including the fitting kit which you need to purchase yourself).

It is on the pricey side but I’m enjoying having a good music/nav experience with no more windscreen obstructions  ;D

Tags:
 

Back to top