Author Topic: Jazz Crosstar Original Winter Rims and Tires  (Read 1155 times)

Eros

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar e:hev 2022 Premium Sunlight White
Jazz Crosstar Original Winter Rims and Tires
« on: March 23, 2022, 10:34:50 AM »
Hello all Jazz lovers :)

Do any of you know how the original winter rims and tires looks like for Jazz Crosstar?

Tires may change depending on country but the rim must be the same i think.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Jazz Crosstar Original Winter Rims and Tires
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 04:49:52 PM »
There may not be many   european countries where an extra set of  'winter rims' are routinely  included in the price . 

Your local dealers may have an choice  of whether to include them, or only offer them as an  optional extra . They might also chose which wheels to offer.   

For the standard Jazz they might supply the `15" steel wheels used on the base model, even if the car has 16"  wheels  with 185/55/R16 summer  tyres. But the Crossstar uses higher profile 185/60R16 tyres , so  15" wheels and tyres may not be a suitable alternative.

Its best to ask  a local main dealer.   If you do find out let us know. Other crosstar owners may be interested in an acceptable alternative to the originals.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Eros

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar e:hev 2022 Premium Sunlight White
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 03:52:36 PM »
Thanks for your answer Lord :)

I confirm with Honda Sweden that the rims are 16 inches both for summer and winter. So they are both have 185/60R16 tyres.

And it looks like exactly the one as in the attachment.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 04:32:06 PM »
HOW MUCH WOULD THESE COST COMPARED WITH SET OF STANDARD WHEELS

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 04:49:28 PM »
I dont know what the cross star comes with as standard. Possibly the same wheels .   Glyn Hopkins have these Ja 1601 wheels  for £198.40 each.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 12:35:56 PM »
Presume these wheels have same rim and offset, what is price differential to standard.

Instead of winter set maybe cheaper to go for all season tyres.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2022, 01:57:30 PM »
TS lives in Sweden. Depending on where in Sweden all seasons may not seem the best choice...
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2022, 02:58:03 PM »
TS lives in Sweden. Depending on where in Sweden all seasons may not seem the best choice...

Also with the crosstar there are currently only two choices of all season tyres in the Honda approved size 185/60/R16. Maxxis Primitra ap3  and Falken euro As210.  Two sets of wheels allows a much bigger choice of full winter tyres
195/55/R16 is a more common size ,a close alternative.  Cheaper   with a bigger choice of all seasons. But not the approved size, so in the uk  you would need to inform insurers as a modification.

Although all seasons are a good alternative in much of europe  it becomes less cost effective if it means  replacing  almost new summer tyres.  These still have a value as part worn tyres.  My tip is not to let the tyre fitters keep these unless they are giving a discount on the new tyres or fitting costs.  I recently sold  two half worn  (4.5mm ) Pirelli summer tyres for £15 each  on e bay.   

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2022, 03:36:42 PM »
AutoExpress test of Maxxis was less than impressive with their conclusion that Maxxi need to do some more work on the tyre for it to be competitive. Falken’s performed better but not up with the best European tyres like Michelin Crossclimates, Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons etc.
Best choice is probably to use 195/55 R16, rolling circumference very close to 185/60 and a wide choice of All Season tyres but, as Lord Voltemaire says you might need to advise your insurers you were using non standard tyres. Also if you needed any warranty work on the drive train I suspect Honda might refuse because of use of an unapproved tyre size. To be honest the lack of choice of 185/60 R16 tyres has me really questioning whether to buy a Crosstar, now looking at HR-V as well.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2022, 03:48:55 PM »
To be honest the lack of choice of 185/60 R16 tyres has me really questioning whether to buy a Crosstar, now looking at HR-V as well.

That was also one of my three main points for not choosing the Crosstar:
1 - Price.
2 - Too much "Tupperware".
3 - An even weirder tire size.

If nothing goes right, go left!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2022, 10:19:47 PM »
To be honest the lack of choice of 185/60 R16 tyres has me really questioning whether to buy a Crosstar, now looking at HR-V as well.

That was also one of my three main points for not choosing the Crosstar:
1 - Price.
2 - Too much "Tupperware".
3 - An even weirder tire size.
That’s why I have, more or less, focussed my choice on Jazz Crosstar, HR-V and VW T-Roc. Crosstar has tyre size concerns, HR-V and T-Roc similarly specced are in same price level. No rush as don’t want to change until supply eases a bit which I suspect will happen as inflation and reduced disposable income hits right across the globe.

Tags:

anything