Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 176995 times)

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2024, 08:32:49 PM »
Pine
Its a waste of time reporting the problem to Honda, they are already aware of the problem.  Report it directly to DVSA

Agreed with one proviso Pine on contacting Honda.     People do need to contact DVSA- I typed my previous post in too fast and I have modified my typo now from Honda to DVSA as well.  As I have written in my previous posts , I have contacted Honda several times and actually filled in appropriate forms for DVSA a few weeks ago which they have acknowledged and they have requested a reply from Honda. However people still need to make contact with Honda as well since some of us have had results from this. But of course a recall is definitely needed
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 08:30:48 AM by Cobb2 »

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2024, 09:27:22 PM »
I think I've already made up my mind not to darken Honda's doors again,  considering the abysmal way they are treating UK customers. I bought my mk.3 used and do all the servicing myself. Fortunately it seems to be a pretty reliable version,  and I like it and enjoy owning it and will keep it for the foreseeable future, but no more Hondas after this debacle. Sorry Hondasan, you've lost one customer and I will happily warn off anyone who asks me what I think of the company. Such a shame to ruin a good reputation by such foolish behaviour.

equaliser

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 I-VTEC EX Navi CVT
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2024, 10:45:34 PM »
I think I've already made up my mind not to darken Honda's doors again,  considering the abysmal way they are treating UK customers. I bought my mk.3 used and do all the servicing myself. Fortunately it seems to be a pretty reliable version,  and I like it and enjoy owning it and will keep it for the foreseeable future, but no more Hondas after this debacle. Sorry Hondasan, you've lost one customer and I will happily warn off anyone who asks me what I think of the company. Such a shame to ruin a good reputation by such foolish behaviour.

I agree with your sentiment. As a loyal Honda fan who is due to replace my car in July and was probably going to go for the MK4, there is no way I would touch one after this debacle. I've totally lost faith with Honda now so it'll be Toyota going forward although I'll probably just keep my MK3 which has been superb so far and they seem to be as reliable as can be. I feel sorry for the Mk4 owners who have had endured appalling treatment and unfair charges.

Tinny

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 202
« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2024, 08:55:51 AM »
@Tinny
"As I’m banned from the original dealership"

OMG, that's a bit high handed! Hope no violence was involved?
Is this called 'Customer Care' ?

No violence/No swearing
He said to me that I was obviously an unhappy customer and didn’t like them, so they didn’t like me and please don’t come back here, or to any of his garages, in future.

It was a good thing because the result was I went somewhere else and their mistake was put right.  I wasn’t getting anywhere trying to resolve the issue with them and I won’t be going back there. My choice.

pauly58

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid Elegance
« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2024, 09:04:11 AM »
Unbelievable that a main dealer could actually say that, I would make Honda aware & ask if this is really who they want, years ago he would have his franchise threatened by the company.

Tinny

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 202
« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2024, 09:37:03 AM »
I totally agree.  Honda has reopened my case.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2024, 09:42:13 AM »
Why not keep your current Jazz or import Honda Fit mk 2 or MK3 1.5l cvt?

Jinbeizame

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz M4
« Reply #262 on: April 30, 2024, 10:22:34 AM »
A serious question, may I defect from Honda? After having this brake issue I realize that as soon as your manufacturer's warranty has expired, you are likely to be treated as Second class citizen. ha
Thru my web search I have found the Toyota/Lexus warranty very very enticing. Their standard 3-year warranty can extend up to 10 years provided your car is serviced every year by the franchise.  As far as I have read it's T&C, the extended warranty can cover almost all components (Honda's Brake operating simulator should fall into this category, I think.)

pauly58

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid Elegance
« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2024, 01:24:57 PM »
Yes, I've been reading that as well, I don't know why other companies haven't done the same. Presumably, their cars aren't as reliable as Toyota. It does look very attractive though.

Jazzyone

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4 hybrid
« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2024, 09:13:49 PM »
https://www.dacia.co.uk/dacia-news/dacia-zen-warranty.html
Even Dacia are now doing it as well. Also on cars for existing owners. Even more incentive for me to look at the new Duster hybrid that’s coming out later this year that’s getting Excellent reviews.

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2024, 10:28:56 PM »
https://www.dacia.co.uk/dacia-news/dacia-zen-warranty.html
Even Dacia are now doing it as well. Also on cars for existing owners. Even more incentive for me to look at the new Duster hybrid that’s coming out later this year that’s getting Excellent reviews.

The new Dacia EV coming to the U.K this year:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 10:42:14 PM by jamjar »

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2024, 11:47:42 PM »
That reviewer is an arrogant idiot. What does he expect from a car built to such a low price. Why take the mickey out of it. Some people are perfectly happy with a car like that. It’s like he’s having a go at people with less money or less motoring a,bitiom than him. I did not like him or his approach.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #267 on: May 01, 2024, 05:28:11 AM »
The main thing with this for me is that maybe one day I'll go out to the car to be met with a dash full of lights

The car is therefore unusable on what may be a day I need it most

Russian roulette

Honda should be supplying this part to dealers to be changed during routine servicing at the very least

As it is there is likely to be regular instances of MK4 on trailers being delivered back to dealers because they can't  be driven which won't help sales
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2024, 08:59:00 AM »
The main thing with this for me is that maybe one day I'll go out to the car to be met with a dash full of lights

The car is therefore unusable on what may be a day I need it most

Russian roulette

Honda should be supplying this part to dealers to be changed during routine servicing at the very least

As it is there is likely to be regular instances of MK4 on trailers being delivered back to dealers because they can't  be driven which won't help sales

Which is currently my way of thinking. After a faulty wing mirror, screen wash nozzle, delaminating windscreen and now roof blemishes, I am a little worried what is further down the line. I have the 5 year service/warranty plan, and just having reached 19k I still have 4 services/3 and a bit years left of a reasonable assurance that if/when it goes wrong my dealer is reputable enough to help me out. After the 5 years is up, then I will see about maybe switching back to Renault.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2024, 12:50:53 PM »
At my age, and with my annual mileage vanishingly tiny (I'll struggle to do more than 1500 miles this year) I have decided that this would be my last car in any event. I will keep it and deal with the brake issue when and if it occurs (I bought my car in October 2021 so it seems to be on the borderline).

Having said that, in the light of what I have read on this thread, I would go Toyota for my next car if I was changing - the main dealer is literally 500 yards from where I live and the 10 year warranty (if you service the car with them) is a game changer.

Tags:

anything