Author Topic: Anyone got a 2002 Jazz?  (Read 9287 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Anyone got a 2002 Jazz?
« on: February 05, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »
Ten years ago this month I saw a Jazz for the first time - was it really that long ago?

Has anyone here got a 2002 Jazz, particularly a 51 or 02 plate car?

guest3040

Re: Anyone got a 2002 Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:14:40 PM »
I have a '02 Jazz 1.4S GD1.

It's a very clean car... I purchased it in December 2011 with only 26,500 miles on the clock.
The only thing that lets it down is a bit of chafing on the side bolster of the drivers seat.

guest2963

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:56:25 PM »
hello

we have a '02 platewith 30,000miles on it , bought in in dec 2011

we love it

guest2898

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:42:58 AM »
My wife's is a 02 DSI SE and we bought it nearly 3 years ago with 70k on the clock, it has now done 106,000 miles, running sweet, no problems at all, apart from the EGR Valve which i took off and cleaned... the rear brake pipes were badly corroded and failed the MOT, but they were replaced, and apart from tyres and oil and filter changes, its been a corking car, we had advisories for light corrosion under the car, all that has been removed and its now all undersealed.. MOT is due again next week..  oil and filter are being replaced, as is the coolant, as the 10yr anti freeze fitted from new is due to be changed... garage is replacing like for like so it will proabably outlive either the car or the time we have it.... 

guest3083

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:20:02 PM »
I have a 2002 51 plate- 1.4DSI SE Sport bought yesterday!  In mint condition with 87,500 miles on the clock. A lot smaller than my previous Renault Kangoo but a great little car, cheaper to run, insure and tax. I just hope it lives up to its reputation as the most reliable S/H car on the market.

However... Am I doing something wrong when filling up with petrol? I can only get the petrol (unleaded) hose into the car about 1 inch or 2, and the cutout on the pump kicks in straight away. I managed to get half a tank in yesterday after I bought it, but very slowly, just trickling it in.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Roland

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »
Try using a different pump next time.

Had this problem with a fiesta years ago.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »
I have a 2002 51 plate- 1.4DSI SE Sport bought yesterday!

I knew they were out there somewhere! There can't be many around....didn't Jazz sales start in Feb '02?

guest3114

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »
 :)
I have a April 2002 SE Sport. With just over £55K on the clock. I am only the 3rd owner. Its in mint condition, and droves so much better. Had it less than 2 weeks. It has got some chio damage on the front near side damage and rear passenger door, and some srapes on the alloys, but nothing chip away cannot fix.

Can i ask, does anyone with this modeal find the suspension too jittery - I don;t mind it, gives it a drivers feel - but it was meant to have been updated spring 2003. Is there anything that can be done to 'improve' the suspension, and make it feel more like the later models?

and does anyone know what changes Honda made to the suspension in 2003 to improve the ride?

All in all, its a brilliant car, with a high spec and looks great in Red!

Geoffers

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 03:19:02 PM »
Welcome aboard Paul!  ;D :D ;D

guest2970

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »
Bought one in last November. very fun car, i have since changed its suspension, tyres, alloys, intakes, brakes, and collar kit, which make it even better!

guest2970

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »
and Spoon N1 backbox :)

guest2765

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
had my one 8months now, great little car..although the problems with it are starting to get over the top, wish i had a newer one to be honest :( - still havent got my abs light and handbrake light fixed, but im going to be booking in with Honda for it to be serviced and put on their diagnostics machines. (last resort unfortunately - even a code reader hasnt worked on it shown no faults)

(it had 76k on it now 86k so is used a lot)

does have new alloys and a k&n air filter element but they are the only things ive changed from how it was when i bought it...apart from replacing the wheel hubs brake pads and shoes.

guest1372

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »
Yes - a 2002 02 SE Sport bought by me in 2002 now done 70k. Longest time I've ever owned a car, and see no need to change it.

It sits outside by the kerb, and despite a brush with the girl who can't park from next door has done OK (why does she always drive in forwards then take a dozen tries to get the back in?)

Nearly always used with the rear seats down, with a carpet in the back cut to size.
Brought a three seater sofa back from Ikea in it. Transported a double bed and mattress in it - king size. Got a roll top bath in there, but 2 inches too long so needed a ratchet strap across the back.

Bought a set of MontBlanc roof bars which use the same clamps as many Focus/Astra/3-series of a similar age; looks good with a pair of mountain bikes on there.

Replaced front pads once
Replaced all four tyres once after a front/rear swap
Replaced wipers three times
Replaced floor mats twice
Replaced a wheel bearing outside of warranty
Replaced exhaust centre box (just this week)
Replaced rear side window  :(
Replaced horn (failed first MOT - had never used it so didn't realise)
Added 3.5mm aux jack to CD/tuner
Corroded alloy wheels
Supermarket dings (the panels seem quite light)

Gets an interim service every year at a national independent for the underneath oily & dirty stuff; with filters and plugs etc done by me, the dry and cleanish stuff, it only goes to Honda for the switch recalls. Regularly vacuum out the cabin filter, seen no reason to change it.

The tyres were changed to Pirelli P6000, they seem a little softer ride than the Bridgestones - they don't look quite as square, cheaper as well, but 2 of the 4 always lose pressure meaning a top up every couple of months. Had one refitted with new valve, but no difference. Maybe they just don't sit well on the (original) alloys?

The mpg has improved slightly over the years, probably by 5mpg, and is much better in summer than winter.

I find these two sites handy
http://www.partsbase.net/   for all the OEM compatible part numbers
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/   for the exploded diagrams

To Lunacide,
still havent got my abs light and handbrake light fixed, but im going to be booking in with Honda for it to be serviced and put on their diagnostics machines. (last resort unfortunately - even a code reader hasnt worked on it shown no faults)
...apart from replacing the wheel hubs brake pads and shoes.

Your ABS warning light may be the result of having the rear wheel bearing / hub replaced  with a slightly wrong part. There is a collar around the hub which houses a magnet for those with ABS.
There are two Honda original versions of it available for the early models- one a bit cheaper than the other, but visually identical. Drum brakes with ABS / Drum brakes non ABS, not sure about discs.

I would of thought that would show up on the OBD2 code reader 'wheel speed sensor fault' though

TG

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »
having mine 70k miles SE for half a year
all good, except:
1) seating position
leg which is on accelerator pedal is not supported by seat underneath -> tired in 1-2h of driving
when sliding seat back to support leg unable to reach steering wheel(depth is not adjustable on GD)
2) corrosion on sunroof under rubber seal, a bit difficult to treat because of restricted access

tetsky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 nighthawk black 1.4 idsi se
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »
hi there! yes ive got a 02 reg honda jazz,79k on the clock,1 previous lady owner,mint condition in nighthawk black...amazing car to drive,got it  2 weeks ago from wolverhampton...the only thing is it didnt come with service history booklet,in which i was hesitant to purchase at first,so i came all the way from southend to view the car in wolverhampton and the moment i saw the car ,i fell in love with it! bought it staright away,ordered full service kit straight away from ebay,oil filter,air filter,cabin filter,8 ngk spark plugs and done it a week after,cleaned the egr valve aswell,scraped all the carbon deposit on the plunger itself,purchased castrol edge 10w 40 in asda for £12!!!! ;) JOB DONE!!!

checked the brake pads and coolant level,all in very good condition,just planning to do the valve adjustment this weekend weather permitting...lol fun to drive!!!!the wife loves it aswell!!so thumbs up!!!! :-*

Tags: