Author Topic: 58 plate 1.4 dsi exhaust repair  (Read 1836 times)

Robyorkshire

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4DSI SE CVT 2008 (58)
58 plate 1.4 dsi exhaust repair
« on: May 26, 2022, 08:20:23 PM »
Hi,

My partners jazz started blowing from the exhaust at the weekend. I’ve had a look and it’s the mid section where it bends between the cat and silencer. It’s near a hanger so not repairable really.

How much should I be looking at paying for a new mid section fitted? I’m in west yorkshire and phoned a couple of local fast fit type places. One quoted between £145-£165. They said this was for a klarius mid section. They could do it for a little less but the parts wouldn’t be as good. The other place quoted between £90-£110 with no mention of what brands they use.

I’m in west yorkshire.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:42:21 PM by Robyorkshire »

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
Re: 58 plate 1.4 dsi exhaust repair
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 10:07:46 PM »
Klarius is horrific quality eurocarparts anyway. Avoid at all costs or you will be lucky if it lasts 2yr.

Ebay or gsf carparts will be better. Each section is about £40. Then backstreet garages is usually £20 - £40 fitting.

Skyline84

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 04:48:07 PM »
I recently replaced the middle section and back box of my Jazz - I bought it from eBay for around £75 so just the middle section should be £40 or so. I asked my local garage to replace it (I can't remember the exact labour cost) but £145-£165 does sound a little expensive. I'm also in West Yorkshire - I would avoid Kwik-Fit or Wilco etc and try to find a local garage to keep costs down.

Robyorkshire

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 07:05:14 PM »
I recently replaced the middle section and back box of my Jazz - I bought it from eBay for around £75 so just the middle section should be £40 or so. I asked my local garage to replace it (I can't remember the exact labour cost) but £145-£165 does sound a little expensive. I'm also in West Yorkshire - I would avoid Kwik-Fit or Wilco etc and try to find a local garage to keep costs down.

Thanks for that. Which garage did you use?

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 07:20:18 PM »
From personal experience:  the pattern parts are cheap and do not fit easily, the centre box is oversized and does not fit inside the " under the car tunnel" you find yourself mounting and dismounting the part together with trial and error reshaping of the part to make  a reasonable fit. My advice is go to a Honda dealer, order the proper Honda part,  ask for a discount, I paid £180 after discount, fit it yourself,  then it is an easy " fit first time fit "

Skyline84

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 04:44:30 PM »
Depends on where abouts you are - I have used a few in Pudsey (just outside Leeds).

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 05:06:23 PM »
I'd have a look around your local breakers yard, then negotiate a deal for the mud & rear sections.

Robyorkshire

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 11:22:27 AM »
Just to close this off - ended up having the mid section replaced at a local place for £120 with 2 year warranty.

Took the car to another local place first who tried it on and wanted to replace the back box too as they were complaining the flange between the mid and back was too rusty. Were going to charge me £215. Told them not to bother and took it to the other place who had it replaced within an hour and no mention of having to replace the backbox too.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 07:21:48 PM »
Would the first place have the initials KF?

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2022, 02:24:52 PM »
Just to close this off - ended up having the mid section replaced at a local place for £120 with 2 year warranty.

Took the car to another local place first who tried it on and wanted to replace the back box too as they were complaining the flange between the mid and back was too rusty. Were going to charge me £215. Told them not to bother and took it to the other place who had it replaced within an hour and no mention of having to replace the backbox too.

£105 for the back box is too much,  from Ebay £29.00 to £40 buys a new pattern part, it is an easy job to swap the part out, especially since the garage will have dismantled the joint in the process of replacing the centre section. The back box is  not too critical for dimensions, and does not suffer the transit damage of the centre section,  basically a simple job!

Robyorkshire

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2022, 08:46:12 AM »
Would the first place have the initials KF?

Funnily enough, No  :D

It was a local place. I've not used them before but as they were close to home thought I'd give them a try. Safe to say, I won't be going back.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2022, 12:08:46 PM »
The back box fell off my Jazz last week. New one was £102 included VAT and fitting from an independent garage.

I'm on my third mid section - the OEM one last nine years and the first patten replacement three and half years. The first patten mid section started to vibrant after six months (rubbing against something) but the garage adjusted it for free.

Tags: