Author Topic: Travelling Abroad And Warranty Conditions  (Read 568 times)

Guinness 2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Sunlight White
Travelling Abroad And Warranty Conditions
« on: April 28, 2024, 12:01:21 PM »
Having checked with my local dealer about a recent service not appearing on my Digital Service Record, they have put it on as well as the PDI from a year ago (even though I didn't buy it from that dealership!).  Anyway at the back of the PDI record is 8 pages of Honda European Warranty Conditions and on the last page it states: 

'Your warranty will be honoured in most European countries as stated in the warranty conditions.  But be aware of the following recommendations:

1. Ensure that your car is checked at your Honda Outlet prior to your trip "

Has anyone done this?  It says recommendation but then ensure! What would they check for?  Will there be a charge for this recommendation ?  Will the Warranty be invalid if you don't ensure to get the car checked?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Travelling Abroad And Warranty Conditions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 10:46:03 AM »
I have assumed the warranty will be honoured by any Honda dealership  in Europe, as long as the work required qualifies  , and that I have complied with the normal condition that the car has been serviced in accordance with Hondas schedule.   

I have interpreted the recommendation for having the car 'checked'  prior to the trip as a subtle reminder to ensure the trip away wont result in you invalidating the warranty by exceeding the service mileage or period. And checking the vehicle over  before a long trip is sensible anyway. 

A recommendation/suggestion rather than a requirement. But i could be wrong of course.   They do have other get out clauses such as if they consider the fault was caused or made worse due to driver neglect, such as not checking the oil dip stick or ignoring a warning light.

Here is what i do.   

If there is enough time and mileage left to complete my trip before the next service is due I  just do owner checks myself  of fluid levels, tyre condition and pressure etc, .I do them a few days before the trip in case I find any snags needing attention.       But this year I will be getting its annual service a month early ,due to a planned  continental trip. 

Thinking outside the box .For those on a long trip who may have a bit of local knowledge or contacts  could consider  getting the car serviced by a local Honda dealership when it becomes due.   Probably cheaper than the UK dealer prices.    I have done it in the past on my old Yaris, but I have a 5 year free service plan for the Jazz, who will only pay for servicing in the |UK.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 05:51:07 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything